Question on Pectoral Growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Pectoral Growth

Branch's chest has grown so big it overlaps/hangs down past the attachment. As it grows more the chest will hang/droop down further, like it already has, just b/c the weight of the muscle, just like the bigger a woman's breast is the further down it hangs on the body.

My question is: as his chest grew and AS IT DROPPED DOWN FURTHER would the depth/thickness of the bottom get thinner?
    Attached Files
    tgw85
    Last edited by tgw85; 12-23-2010, 08:01 PM.

no, it is not going to get smaller. heres what i think you're seeing....it may have been an illusion because his upper chest got bigger. before his lower chest may have been more pronounced but as the surrounding muscle grew, it became a less dominating force. see what i'm saying?

bodybuilding is a sport of illusion. if you take a person and stand them by themselves, the size of every body part would be relitive to the scale of the surrounding muscles. does this make sense? for instance, there came a time in my lifting that my arms looked smaller than they had in the past. they didn't get smaller. my shoulders were just dominating them.

what do you think of my answer?
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

also, upper chest, lower chest, inner and outer chest...alot of how the shape looks comes down to the individual's genetics. there is a lot of variation as to how different peoples chests look.
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
        no, it is not going to get smaller. heres what i think you're seeing....it may have been an illusion because his upper chest got bigger. before his lower chest may have been more pronounced but as the surrounding muscle grew, it became a less dominating force. see what i'm saying?

bodybuilding is a sport of illusion. if you take a person and stand them by themselves, the size of every body part would be relitive to the scale of the surrounding muscles. does this make sense? for instance, there came a time in my lifting that my arms looked smaller than they had in the past. they didn't get smaller. my shoulders were just dominating them.

what do you think of my answer?
        It helps... I rephrased my original question, and I think it does a better job of saying what I want to say.
        Another way for me to ask, is for example, Branch Warren, if his chest grew even bigger (in particular the very lower part), I know the lower fibers would grow bigger, but would the very lower part phyically LOOK like it got thicker? Or as it droops down more, grant it slightly b/c of gravity, would the bottom start to get thinner?
        tgw85
        Last edited by tgw85; 11-12-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

thats all i've got. i think it depends on the individual...

what has made you so interested in this?

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
            thats all i've got. i think it depends on the individual...

what has made you so interested in this?
            Well I mean, those younger pics of Arnold, some of them his chest just looks absolutely massive, and in some the bottom looks thicker than some pics of him in his prime, even pics where he's positioned almost the same as the younger pic. And so idk, it just popped into my head, the question did it get thinner? I mean I know it didn't atrophy... and I know fibers don't "grow thinner"... so the only way it could do it is if it started to droop more as it grew, b/c of gravity, but in such a way that the very bottom actually physically looked thinner than it was before when overall the chest was actually smaller.

So I know it's petty, trifliing, miniscual, whatever... but it's negatively affected my "perception" of what I would look like if I ever got that big, or yes even bigger... I know that sounds dumb, more than likely I will not get bigger than Arnold, lol, but when I workout I try to envision what I want to look like. I don't want to think that my chest (in particular the lower chest) will get thicker but then eventually change and start to get thinner by drooping down but in such a way that the bottom is now becoming thinner, even though it's technically growing bigger. No I can't control it, but I just want as close to an "accurate vision" of what my chest would look like as I build it. It's the phycological half of bodybuilding I'm now struggling with.
            tgw85
            Last edited by tgw85; 11-12-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

man, you've really over thought this one, haven't you!?

Comment

Uh... I have a "gift" of analytical thinking that has turned around to bite me on little stuff like this, and now it bothers me. I'm just trying to figure out if your lower chest will ever start to get thinner. Once the muscle mass gets soo big it starts to slightly succumb to gravity, at this point as it keeps growing it's going to slide down more, grant it very slightly, but as it's doing this, would it make the very bottom get thinner? Even if you were healthy, training, and all the fibers were growing. Or at that same point would it continue to get thicker?

Comment

Working...
                X