Gym Mishaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym Mishaps

4:20am me and 2 other people at the gym. My last set, last rep on incline bench. Didn't make it to the rack and slowly came back down. Two-Four inches from my face, the bar dropped. I wiggled the bar back and forth untill the weights fell off the bar(don't use collars). My face was numb and I didn't know where the bar landed. I felt with my toungue for my teeth. All there. I went to the ER with a broken nose. Everyone at Kaiser had to come out and see the idiot that broke his nose at the gym. I set it myself, which they said i did a good job. My left nostril has never been the same. I always think about it when I do incline.

Worst thing to happen to me was a torn pec. Ripped it clean off the bone.

Comment

Damn, never had anything crazy like this happen to me yet.
      http://www.napsgear.net/affiliate_sh..._banner_id=166

Comment

Originally posted by GXR64 View Post
        Damn, never had anything crazy like this happen to me yet.
        Yeah it sucked...I had it re-atatched on christmas eve. I am benching 225 for 10 right now so I guess it's coming along well.

Comment

Man i can only imagine the pain that must have caused.
          http://www.napsgear.net/affiliate_sh..._banner_id=166

Comment

That's some crazy shit! Glad to hear you guys are ok!

Comment

I had a torm pec benching years ago too, i didn't warm up properly. It mostly happens when you start benching or lifting with heavy weights without warming up. It recovered but its still visible. I broke my nose during Muay Thai kickboxing, an inocent sparring training, but my nose doesn't stand straight and one nostril is much bigger than the other. So you guys aren't the only ones ....

Comment

Originally posted by omni View Post
                4:20am me and 2 other people at the gym. My last set, last rep on incline bench. Didn't make it to the rack and slowly came back down. Two-Four inches from my face, the bar dropped. I wiggled the bar back and forth untill the weights fell off the bar(don't use collars). My face was numb and I didn't know where the bar landed. I felt with my toungue for my teeth. All there. I went to the ER with a broken nose. Everyone at Kaiser had to come out and see the idiot that broke his nose at the gym. I set it myself, which they said i did a good job. My left nostril has never been the same. I always think about it when I do incline.
                Geez bro, if your going to be lifting heavy why no spotter? Shouldn't the last reps of every set be 20-25 reps? That is what i do, and learned that from King Louie Ferrigno himself. He claimed the blood pools to the muscle, then fills up the muscle, he does his first 3 sets of reps at 90 degrees, then the last one he does 20-25 reps full range of motion, he claimed it was like popping a blood balloon.
                One set would look like this -> 12 reps - 4 reps - 8 reps - 25 reps.
                Ever since i started lifting this way my body exploded! I seen gains in 3 months that seemed to take years before, i was like WTF!

Comment

Normally you use a scheme for a certain time (periodising) changing short, heavy lifting to longer reps with lighter weight, pump periods etc.
                  When and for how long do you use this method primo?

Comment

Originally posted by RonnyT View Post
                    Normally you use a scheme for a certain time (periodising) changing short, heavy lifting to longer reps with lighter weight, pump periods etc.
                    When and for how long do you use this method primo?
                    I never change the routine bro, either did King Louie! You are getting the best of all worlds doing it this way!
                    Also he told me he only does 1 body part per day, and no longer than 45 minutes per body part, with the exclusion of biceps and triceps, he trained them together!
                    Try lifting like that, following the 90 degree rule, then on your high rep 25 go full range of motion, watch your body explode!
                    He was also a sticker for perfect form, if you are not doing perfect form, lower the weight, or your just wasting your time!
                    Primopup
                    Last edited by Primopup; 05-22-2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

no collars and no spotter, I hope u have changed your ways :-)
                      SoreButtCheeks

( Author of the SorebuttCheeks steroid blog )

Comment

i thankfully don't have too many mishap stories. i tore some muscle in my lower back/upper glute once and that sucked, but outside of that, i haven't done anything too awful, YET (knock on wood). that sounds like it would have hurt badly, omni. this was recent? if so, hope you're feeling better!
                        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
                        X