testosterone/estrogen ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testosterone/estrogen ratio

We talk a lot about estrogen as a result of aromatizing exogenous administered testosterone.
    There are much more reasons why we can suffer from estrogen excess or a disturbed testosterone/estrogen ratio

We can get to much estrogen with food – water (mostly envirormental pollution due to the anticonceptionpill)
    Genetic reasons.
    Aging
    Excess bodyfat.
    A combination of all these factors which is extremely important especially in PCT.
    I’m busy writing a blogarticle about this issue, if you want to join the discussion make comment here or by pm

After the active ingredient in most birth control pills has done its duty preventing pregnancy, it begins a second life as a pollutant that can harm wildlife in waterways.

Not only is ethinyl estradiol quite potent — creating "intersex" fish and amphibians — but it is very difficult to remove from wastewater, which carries it into natural waterways.

Since women around the planet take the pill, this is a global problem. The European Union is the first entity to seriously consider mandating the removal of ethinyl estradiol, also known as EE2, from wastewater. However, as researchers pointed out in Thursday's (May 24) issue of the journal Nature, the question of whether to remove the pollutant is not simple.
    The dilemma

The problem is effectively removing ethinyl estradiol can be quite costly. Governmental estimates put the cost of upgrading about 1,360 wastewater treatment plants across England and Wales so they can comply with a proposed limit at between $41 billion and $47 billion (€32 billion and €37 billion), according to Richard Owen, a professor at the University of Exeter in the United Kingdom.

"The big question is, 'Are we willing to pay this as a society?'" Owen told LiveScience. "Or, alternatively, 'would we prefer to live with the environmental impact?'"

In their Nature commentary, Owen and Susan Jobling, an ecotoxicologist at the University of Brunel, write that more public debate is need on the proposed regulation. [7 Surprising Facts About the Pill]

They intended to draw attention to this environmental dilemma, not to suggest that women should not have access to birth control, Owen told LiveScience.

In the environment

EE2, a synthetic hormone, is only one of a cocktail of natural and synthetic hormones that humans excrete into wastewater, including other estrogens. EE2 has a potent biological effect at low levels.

"Animals are exquisitely sensitive to it," Jobling told LiveScience.

The body of a fish or a frog reacts to EE2 as if it were a natural estrogen, "demasculinizing" male animals and creating a condition called intersex that interferes with an animal's ability to reproduce, Jobling said. Intersex males often produce eggs in their testes.

It's not yet clear if levels of EE2 found in waterways affect mammals' reproductive cycle, she said.

The cleanup

Charcoal-based filtering is the most effective method for removing chemicals such as EE2 from wastewater. Other methods may also be effective, but they, too, would require some financial investment, Jobling told LiveScience.

"It will cost quite a lot of money to upgrade to meet environmental quality standards, (but) to my mind that is not a reason not do it," Jobling said. "We are understandably focused on the economic crisis at the moment, and just as important is the environmental crisis."

Unless this issue is put on the policy agenda, society will continue undermining ecological systems, she said.

On Nov. 6, a European Parliament legislative committee is scheduled to decide whether the issue should continue to the full Parliament in January.

"This regulation will set a global precedent for regulating pharmaceuticals in the environment. It also presents society with a difficult dilemma, of which the public remains mostly unaware," Owen and Jobling write.

..what can we do?
    ..one possible sollution:
    J Sex Med. 2005 Sep;2(5):716-21.
    Clomiphene citrate effects on testosterone/estrogen ratio in male hypogonadism.
    Shabsigh A, Kang Y, Shabsign R, Gonzalez M, Liberson G, Fisch H, Goluboff E.
    SourceDepartment of Urology, NY Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, USA.

Abstract
    AIM: Symptomatic late-onset hypogonadism is associated not only with a decline in serum testosterone, but also with a rise in serum estradiol. These endocrine changes negatively affect libido, sexual function, mood, behavior, lean body mass, and bone density. Currently, the most common treatment is exogenous testosterone therapy. This treatment can be associated with skin irritation, gynecomastia, nipple tenderness, testicular atrophy, and decline in sperm counts. In this study we investigated the efficacy of clomiphene citrate in the treatment of hypogonadism with the objectives of raising endogenous serum testosterone (T) and improving the testosterone/estrogen (T/E) ratio.

METHODS: Our cohort consisted of 36 Caucasian men with hypogonadism defined as serum testosterone level less than 300 ng/dL. Each patient was treated with a daily dose of 25 mg clomiphene citrate and followed prospectively. Analysis of baseline and follow-up serum levels of testosterone and estradiol levels were performed.

RESULTS: The mean age was 39 years, and the mean pretreatment testosterone and estrogen levels were 247.6 +/- 39.8 ng/dL and 32.3 +/- 10.9, respectively. By the first follow-up visit (4-6 weeks), the mean testosterone level rose to 610.0 +/- 178.6 ng/dL (P < 0.00001). Moreover, the T/E ratio improved from 8.7 to 14.2 (P < 0.001). There were no side effects reported by the patients.

CONCLUSIONS: Low dose clomiphene citrate is effective in elevating serum testosterone levels and improving the testosterone/estradiol ratio in men with hypogonadism. This therapy represents an alternative to testosterone therapy by stimulating the endogenous androgen production pathway with clomiphene:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422830

Comment

i pisses me off when people on news say "what are we gonna do as a society" lol it should "what are these companies that make those pills gonna do about it?" since they make the pill and the profit out of it. I understand they are providing a service but still it doesn't exempt them from not taking charge and solving the problem. And i believe environmental crisis should take priority over economical crisis as economical crisis you can survive by eating a little but not if our environment changes.

Comment

lol i don't think my comment had anything to do about your blogarticle. sorry mate after reading it thats all i could think off.

Comment

Nature has a way with correcting changes to the environment. We as a human species will be terminated eventually.
          Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

agreed, but i think we as humans are getting too greedy now days and are not seeing how it affects everyone but then again honestly there is so much information on the internet. No one even knows whats the real truth. I don't believe a word media says!! biggest brainwash camp

Comment

I truely believe the worldpopulation is grown to big. There are to many people.
              The documentary The disapearing male shocked many people, but was not science based.
              Still we are exposed to many envirormental toxins.

Our society is suffering from estrogen overload. No, I’m not referring to Sex and The City reruns—estrogen overload refers to the increasing amount of estrogen in our environment, our food and our bodies.
              “Good” Estrogen
              Estrogen, the primary female sex hormone, is responsible for normal body processes in women such as secondary female sex characteristics, menstruation, fertility, protein synthesis, bone density, metabolism and much more. Actually, there are three kinds of estrogens in the body: estrone, estradiol, and estriol, which all have specialized roles to play at different points in a woman’s life.
              Although estrogen levels are greater in women, estrogen is also needed for libido and maturation of sperm in men.
              Sources of Environmental Estrogens
              Synthetic (or environmental) estrogens are known as xenoestrogens, or estrogen-mimickers. Although they are not strictly estrogen, their similar structure allows them to bind to estrogen receptors in the human body, causing estrogenic activity.
              Drugs and Medicines
              A primary source of estrogen comes from taking oral contraceptives, which contain high amounts of synthetic female sex hormones. And what happens to all the hormones in drugs and oral contraceptives? Well, the excess estrogen leaves the body in urine, which then enters the water supply which everyone (men and children included) consumes daily.
              Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), is another form of synthetic hormones, often used for women suffering from menopause symptoms. HRT has been linked to breast cancer, blood clots, heart disease and strokes.
              Natural Food Sources
              Plants with estrogenic activity are called phytoestrogens, the most common of them being soy. Although this estrogen is not synthetic, it can still affect one’s health by raising estrogenic activity. For this reason, people, especially men, may wish to avoid excessive soy intake. (For a great look at the issues surrounding soy, read Liz Thompson’s Green Blog article “Soy: Super Food or Troublemaker?”)
              Synthetic Food Sources: Dairy and Meat
              In the USA, dairy and beef cattle are given synthetic estrogens so they grow faster and produce more milk. In Canada, growth hormones are only allowed in beef cattle. However, since hormones are stored in fat cells in the body, these growth hormones end up in the milk, cream, yogurt, cheese and meat we eat on a daily basis.
              Synthetic Food Sources: Pesticides and Herbicides
              Pesticides can be dangerous estrogen-mimickers, and unfortunately, its hard to tell what has chemicals and what doesn’t. Generally, most food that is not 100% certified organic has come been grown with pesticides and herbicides, or has come into contact with the chemicals during processing. As well, many lawns, gardens and parks receive chemical treatments on a regular basis.
              Plastics
              Bisphenol-A (BPA) is a harmful xenoestrogen found in number 7 plastics. Primarily, is used in water bottles, tin cans, baby bottles and food storage containers. Heating and freezing these plastics (even by leaving a water bottle in a hot car) further the release of the toxins into the water, to be ingested. (See “BPA Update: Examining the Plastic Debate 1 Year Later” in this blog for more details.)
              While bisphenol-A was designed to keep plastics hard and unbreakable, phthalates are a type of plastic designed to keep plastics soft and flexible. Research has shown that phthalates are powerful endocrine disruptors for growing bodies and can even cause birth defects. The iconic rubber duck is a prime of example of phthalates at their worst. Even worse, they’re marketed to the most vulnerable demographic—children. The recent book Slow Death By Rubber Ducktackles this issue in full http://slowdeathbyrubberduck.com/. The writers also analyse many other household toxins, including more examples and effects of xenoestrogens.
              Cosmetics and Other Products
              Sadly, so many products marketed to women and used every day contain dangerous chemicals. Cosmetics, hair dyes, nail polish, chlorine-bleached feminine sanitary napkins, sunscreens and household cleaning products are just some of the products that contain dangerous xenoestrogens.
              Effects of Environmental Estrogens
              So we’re getting lots of estrogen…does it matter? Well, although big business doesn’t want you to think so, it matters. It is well known that oral contraceptives with synthetic estrogens can cause breast cancer, strokes and blood clots. What is less publicized, however, is how the smaller amounts of environmental estrogens affect people.
              In women, environmental estrogens can wreak havoc on the body’s delicate reproductive system, causing all kinds of problems. Some examples include: early puberty, painful period cramps, irregular menstrual cycles, heavy periods, PMS, fibroids, endometriosis, cysts, low sex drive, infertility and menopause symptoms.
              Unfortunately, when these conditions become too difficult and painful to deal with, doctors recommend (often unnecessary) hysterectomies. Canada and the USA have the highest rates of hysterectomies in the world. However, even after childbearing years, the uterus is important extremely important. Removal of the uterus has been linked to depression, osteoporosis, risk of heart disease and stroke, loss of libido, and increased rate of reproductive cancers.
              But…I’m a Guy
              Men can be affected too! In fact, recent research has suggested that men are being affected in extreme ways that we are only beginning to realize. The CBC documentary “The Disappearing Male” provides an insightful look at these issues and is definitely a must-watch! To give a glimpse, here are some scary but true statistics from the documentary:
              “The quality of sperm is declining. Eighty-five per cent of the sperm produced by a healthy male is DNA-damaged.
              The average sperm count of a North American college student today is less than half of what it was 50 years ago.
              The number of boys born with penis abnormalities and genital defects has increased by 200% in the past two decades.
              Paternal exposure to solvents, pesticides, and metals has now been associated in animals and humans with the occurrence of spontaneous abortion, low birth weight, birth defects, childhood leukemia, brain cancer, change in the male to female sex ratio of offspring.” (Source: http://www.cbc.ca/documentaries/docz...ale/index.html
              Prevent Estrogen Dominance
              Diet
              Dietary estrogens are one of the easiest to avoid. If you eat meat or dairy, avoid commercially produced brands. Instead, opt for local or organic dairy and meat products which do not contain growth hormones.
              If you consume soy on a regular basis, look for alternatives. Other protein sources include beans and lentils, lean meats and fish, nuts and seeds, and grains like quinoa. Non-dairy milk alternatives include beverages made from almonds, hemp, potatoes or rice.
              Whenever possible, eat organic produce and grain products as well. Remember, xenoestrogenic activity is caused by pesticides and herbicides as well.
              Supplements
              At your local health food store, you can find supplements to reduce environmental estrogens, while restoring the healthy estrogens. Examples include herbs like vitex and black cohosh. Women’s supplements can treat menopause symptoms, low libido, PMS and more. There are hormone-balancing supplements for men as well.
              Liver supplements (milk thistle, green tea extract, etc) are extremely important for men and women, since the liver is responsible for cleansing the body of toxins.
              Avoid Environmental Estrogens
              Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially in children’s toys. In water bottles and food containers, avoid number 7 plastics. Never freeze or heat plastic containers or bottles. Don’t use pesticides, herbicides or other chemicals on your lawns or gardens. Use natural cosmetics, skin, nail and hair care products whenever possible. Use natural cleaning products in your home.

http://www.documentarytube.com/the-disappearing-male
              http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...f-speculation/
              http://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/conte...eased-estrogen

Comment

Every time i used Testosterone I get the gyno in my nipples what can i take with the test to keep the gyno from coming back? can anyone help me!!!

Comment

Androgenic to anabolic ratio 2;1 Thus Test with Deca by example. Always keep anti-e like arimidex just in case

Comment

I know a number of people in my area and this includes me and my wife that have been exposed to some kind of hormonal poisoning. I'm not trying to sound like
                    I'm an extremest but something has happen. I don't know if it was intentional or environmental. Its just odd that both my wife and I and a few people I know
                    have suffered a shift in our test/estro production in the last 4 years. Odd how many men are now on some form of HRT/TRT.

Comment

Originally posted by Time Bandit View Post
                      I know a number of people in my area and this includes me and my wife that have been exposed to some kind of hormonal poisoning. I'm not trying to sound like
                      I'm an extremest but something has happen. I don't know if it was intentional or environmental. Its just odd that both my wife and I and a few people I know
                      have suffered a shift in our test/estro production in the last 4 years. Odd how many men are now on some form of HRT/TRT.
                      Completely true, plus our young people are more and more infirtile. There are plans of harvesting eggcells and sperm from early teens to ensure later pregnancies, by this the govn indirectly admits that envirormental influences like our water ruins the health of our children.

Comment

Sad to say the least. We are a world of self destruction.

Comment

We need to backtrack a little and live the way nature intended- plus AAS lol
                          "Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind, and nourish with repetition and emotion, will one day become reality."

NapsGear.Org - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

Originally posted by Nature101 View Post
                            We need to backtrack a little and live the way nature intended- plus AAS lol
                            Agree.. I need my AAS

Comment

Working...
                            X