Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got hit with pneumonia hard (need some help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got hit with pneumonia hard (need some help)

I just got home. Spent 8 days in the hospital. After 5 days of non stop high fever I knew something was wrong and finally got to my doctor. He ordered an x-ray and the result was - pneumonia on my right lung and it was getting severe. I was at the hospital the next day and they instantly put me on one IV antibiotic and one oral. I was like a train wreck when I got there, but they got the fever down really quick. Most of the doctors were a bit shocked since I'm pretty young and look healthy (am 20 y.o.). They did ask me if I take some kind of supplements and I said yes, but I didn't say anything about steroids (my mom was also there and I didn't want her to get over stressed).

They did blood tests etc. and the next day the results weren't that good. I'll show you the accurate results when I get them from my doc, but I remember a few.

First one was my creatinine which was too high - 141 (the maximum was listed as 100). They instantly blamed it on the supplements, but I was extremely dehydrated and I thought that was the better answer. After a few days it dropped to about 131 which the doctor said was "ok" for a guy my weight.

There was some enzyme about the heart function which was extremely high, but it got in the normal range quickly.

The last blood test was ok, only my potassium was a bit high.

They also put me on Methylprednisolone (40mg), for a few days (4 if I remember correctly).

I ate almost nothing these 13 days and the result is : I'm down ~20 lbs and all my measurements are down (arms lost about an inch).

As some of you know I was just about to start my pct. Talk about a bad time to get a "flu". I should have started it on Feb 22 and that was the day I got in the hospital. So basically I didn't do a pct,I didn't eat and I took antibiotics & corticosteroids.

Now about recovery: I'm far from fully recovered yet. I am still taking oral antibiotics and I have a lot of "noises" coming from my right lung when I breathe. They told me it should take me about a month to make a full recovery and there should be no form of physical exercise until then. I don't even want to think how much more gains I will lose, I'm just trying to stay positive. I can only tell I won't be doing a cut soon, because I'll have to start a new bulk when I get better. Going to be a fatty over summer again.

Now my question is : do you guys think this might be related to the steroids? I've never been sick this badly, only had normal flu's etc. Can you give me any tips on boosting my immune system? Anyone else had pneumonia/ how long did it take u to fully recover?

Hey CT good to see ya back,
    imo the steroids had nothing to do with it. My cycle went from Oct 13th to Feb 28th, at the end of Dec I got really sick also, Flu and almost pneumonia but we caught soon. Well here it is March 1 and I'm still coughing, not as bad but it makes it hard to train. I was told I may have this cough for three months, it's been two now. As for training I couldn't train for two week, not because the Doc told me but I just physically couldn't do it. At the time I was 215lbs and within those two weeks I drop down to 200lbs fuckin sucked but I end up get back up to 223lbs, it just took me another four weeks. When I first started train after being sick it was so hard to breath and get through my workout but I did it, it was about two more weeks before I was able to start to get my weight going up again.
    The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
    Chat Box Talk And Rules
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
    No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

I was at the doctor today and things are looking good. I stopped the antibiotics, but she told me I shouldn't go to the gym for a month, because if I'm not fully recovered and start training, things can go bad again. Fuck.. I already missed 3 weeks and now a whole month. She told me I can do slight aerobic exercises at home, but that's about it. I'm thinking about getting those resistance bands and doing slight workouts with them. I guess it will be better than sitting on my ass all day, getting fatter and losing muscle. What do you guys think?

Comment

brother ,i feel your pain i am just getting over with the same thing........i have never been that sick in my life...lost 25lbs and i was sick for 3weeks

Comment

Working...
        X