Actual research on liver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual research on liver?

Actually I was wondering if there was any research out there that explained how steroids, especially orals affect the liver. Actual numbers, with actual degradation of the liver over time..so pretty much the whole process it goes through as well as the damages resulting? Cause it's well known that AAS are bad for the liver but to what degree/extent?
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

http://livertox.nih.gov/AndrogenicSt...htm#casereport

Hope that helps
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

It does give me some information but does anyone have anymore research done on subject? Anyway, thanks Alex hehe

Comment

I can remember being part of a discussion on the subject where I was asking the same question you are. And I do remember that it was demonstrated that regular consumption of alcohol was far harsher on the liver than regular use of AAS. I also remember one point that was brought up was that MD's often prescribe up to 200mg ED of Anadrol. Nonetheless, I will try to track that discussion down, but think the website crashed at one point so it may be in the wind.

Hawk
        PASSION TRUMPS EVERYTHING-DAVE TATE

Comment

Pubmed has technically answered many of my Q's...

Comment

Not completely what you asked for but I found it in 5 minutes or less..

Anabolic androgenic steroids abuse and liver toxicity.
            Neri M, Bello S, Bonsignore A, Cantatore S, Riezzo I, Turillazzi E, Fineschi V.
            Source

Department of Forensic Pathology, University of Foggia, Ospedale Colonnello D'Avanzo, Foggia, Italy. m.neri@unifg.it
            Abstract

In the athletes the wide use of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cause series damage in various organs, in particular, analyzing the liver, elevation on the levels of liver enzymes, cholestatic jaundice, liver tumors, both benign and malignant, and peliosis hepatis are described. A prolonged AAS administration provokes an increase in the activities of liver lysosomal hydrolases and a decrease in some components of the microsomal drug-metabolizing system and in the activity of the mitochondrial respiratory chain complexes without modifying classical serum indicators of hepatic function. Liver is a key organ actively involved in numerous metabolic and detoxifying functions. As a consequence, it is continuously exposed to high levels of endogenous and exogenous oxidants that are by-products of many biochemical pathways and, in fact, it has been demonstrated that intracellular oxidant production is more active in liver than in tissues, like the increase of inflammatory cytokines, apoptosis and the inhibitors of apoptosis NF- κB and Heat Shock Proteins.

PMID:
            [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances
            LinkOut - more resources

Comment

Yeah but I want to find actual numbers... numbers showing over a period of time how the liver and other organs are affected by the compounds, so how your organs deteriorate by the use of AAS. So basically the evolution of the degradation step by step week per week.. that'd be a pretty nice study to read.

Comment

aspirin has been shown to be far harder on the liver..look for medical tests on that and you can usual finds studies on other things in comparison...you wont find many on steroids due to the legality and fact that they are not used for medical purposes orally as much as injections
                Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Working...
                X