No announcement yet.

Music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one style of music from the US that never caught on over here was Miami Bass. No one here has really heard of it. I visited america back in 1996 and fell in love when i heard the So So Def Bass all stars albums. I have loads of it in my collection. So So def, Freak Nasty, Quad City dj's. Classic stuff.
    Some of you may have read my thread on moving to the US. I dont know whats up with me but i have a real fascination with american culture at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Anabolic_III View Post
      Look up some Zomboy, Excision, Datsik, Nero
      Ive heard of all these mate. All good. Nero and Zomboy are both uk artists. I think the other 2 may be american.

I see ur from chicago. I learnt an interesting fact about chicago recently. Back in the late 80's and early 90's Britain gave birth to the Acid House movement (or so we thought) which took the country by storm . It spawned many genres of dance/electro music. Most of which were first pioneered in the Essex (east london) underground scene and spread right across europe rapidly. But The very first Acid house tune ever was heard by a Brit in Chicago in an underground club. It was mainly experimental at the time and idont think it took off in the US but the UK took it and Vamped it into a whole new genre that took europe by storm for well over a decade.... So props to chicago for that one.

Did Acid House ever take off in America?
      JuicedUK
      Last edited by JuicedUK; 04-19-2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I've never heard of Acid House but that doesn't mean it didn't take off :P

Comment

Originally posted by JuicedUK View Post
          Ive heard of all these mate. All good. Nero and Zomboy are both uk artists. I think the other 2 may be american.

I see ur from chicago. I learnt an interesting fact about chicago recently. Back in the late 80's and early 90's Britain gave birth to the Acid House movement (or so we thought) which took the country by storm . It spawned many genres of dance/electro music. Most of which were first pioneered in the Essex (east london) underground scene and spread right across europe rapidly. But The very first Acid house tune ever was heard by a Brit in Chicago in an underground club. It was mainly experimental at the time and idont think it took off in the US but the UK took it and Vamped it into a whole new genre that took europe by storm for well over a decade.... So props to chicago for that one.

Did Acid House ever take off in America?
          I haven't heard of it but then again I live 30 mins out from the city. It most likely did but I do not know about it.
          Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

Comment

But how old are you guys. Acid house was around from 1988-1992 it then became Rave music and branched off into various styles like Hardcore, Drum n Bass, Dubstep, House etc. . You probably have heard it back in the day but maybe by a different name. The prodigy started their career in acid house. Infact they invented half of it. Their style now is very different to what it was back then before they went all metal.

This is old school acid house/early rave..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKmhl...eature=related
            JuicedUK
            Last edited by JuicedUK; 04-19-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I'm 21 so I'm a little too young for that but I understand how that could branch off
              Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

Comment

Yeah I'll be turning 23 this summer haha. Still a young pup :P

Comment

Shit, u guys are makin me feel old. You missed out on a great era boys.

Comment

Im really getting into Skrillex now. Im currently bouncing round my house, headphones on, laptop in one hand and cup of tea in the other. ha ha

Comment

I like Rock music......I play them when I do gym.
                      :P
                      Japanese Car Exporters

Comment

house music or some good old classic rock

Comment

Techno/ Minimal/ House makes up about 75% of the music on my iPhone, found a whole bunch of great live mixes from this years' WMC in Miami!!!

I also love working out to Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, and 80's/ 90's rock
                          Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Working...
                          X