No announcement yet.

Should I change to a strength routine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I change to a strength routine?

Hi. have been training 5 days a week now for 2 years. I regularly change my routine around but have always worked in the 8-12 range.

I have really hit a plateau and if anything I am lifting less weight than I was a while back and i must say I am relatively weak (Judging by what people of similar weight / build are lifting)

My main objective is to gain mass but should I change to a strength routine for a while to up my strength before continuing to build mass?

first off, dont get caught up comparing yourself to others. it won't serve any purpose other than getting you hurt. as far as your routine, if you want to built mass, i'd start doing heavier weight with less reps. slowly increase the load until you're working in the 6-8 rep range and see what that does for you. IMO, strength is great, but for me, it is a by-product of my effort to build mass.

i'd look at my diet too. consider the fuel you're putting in your body before you train and the timing of that fuel. if i am not properly hydrated or if i don't get my meals in on schedule, my routine can suffer.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
    X