No announcement yet.

Best cardio exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i havent read every response, but i have to think that the best cardio depends on your goals and where you're at/how close you are to reaching them. my goal is to simply lose fat with cardio. i am already pretty lean. my diet coach has me do nothing more than walk on a treadmill with a heart rate of 115-125. just a brisk walk. thats the perfect cardio for me. on the other hard, the same diet coach has a friend doing intervals on the step mill. she doesnt get lean as easily as i do. that is the perfect cardio for her.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Agree with Sam, my goal is to be 300lbs and 60% BF...So no cardio is the best cardio for me...hahahaha
      Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
      i havent read every response, but i have to think that the best cardio depends on your goals and where you're at/how close you are to reaching them. my goal is to simply lose fat with cardio. i am already pretty lean. my diet coach has me do nothing more than walk on a treadmill with a heart rate of 115-125. just a brisk walk. thats the perfect cardio for me. on the other hard, the same diet coach has a friend doing intervals on the step mill. she doesnt get lean as easily as i do. that is the perfect cardio for her.
      Lead me, Follow me, or get the hell out of my way!

Comment

For me, running is the best cardio exercise but I also agree with whosmike's advice

Comment

I find a steep hill and do hill sprints, sprint uphill for 15-20 secs then slowly move bk down 1 minute rest, then sprint back up for 10 -30 seconds, keep going for 15 - 20 minutes and make sure you sprint as hard as u can. I feel like superman a weeks later.
          Improve Muscle Growth

Comment

I think that its the truth when your running a cycle sex is definitly great cardio I recommend as much as possible but in the gym I usually hit the olyptical I usually run after I lift.I know I have always heard that you should warm up with a run before you lift but it takes energy out of me that I like to use towards lifting.What are your thoughts on this should I go back to running before I lift or do you think it dosent matter as long as I get it in.

Comment

its always good to warm up for about 5-10 min. nothing crazy just enough to get your blood pumping. it will also trigger your body to get ready for the upcoming work to be done. I usually feel more energetic and awake after that.

Comment

I'm still wondering why nobody but me pointed HIIT swimming... there's nothing, truly nothing better for an overall core/cardiovascular work out
                Ain't no use in lookin' down
                Ain't no discharge on the ground
                Ain't no use in lookin' back
                'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
                Ain't no use in feelin' blue
                'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Yup HIIT is one of the best cardio workout, but for me, I always love running, it helped me drop off my weight.

Comment

Cardiovascular fitness will enhance the way your figure utilization oxygen. As your heart gets stronger, you will discover that you aren't winded strolling up the stairs, you can perform physical action longer, and your resting heart rate could be lower, importance your heart is increasingly proficient at pumping blood through your figure. In spite of the fact that any high-impact practice is useful for your heart, the aforementioned five physical actions are capital for heart health.
                    Weight loss pills

Comment

Bicycling is the best cardio exercise

Comment

I like to do Complexes and Running
                        NapsGear.Net - The Largest and Most Trusted!

Comment

THERES NO SUCH THING- Its a preference thaty is up to you. Contrary to many Ill say the swimming is the worse as the body responds by accumulating surface fat to insulate the body- thats why you see prefessionals with great shape and no ripped muscle fibers
                          The mind is the greatest weapon

Comment

Best cardio exercise

The "55" workout

Start by doing one body-weight squat and 10 pushups. Rest for 30 seconds, and then do 2 squats and 9 pushups. Gradually work your way up to 10 squats and down to 1 pushup. You'll complete 55 reps of each exercise by the time you're done—and reap both the cardiovascular benefit of aerobic training and the muscular pump of a strength session. (And if you like this routine, you'll love The World's Most Efficient Workout.)

10-meter sprints

Find an area in your gym where you can sprint for 10 meters. Once you've covered the distance, pause just long enough to inhale and exhale once through your nose. Sprint back and pause, this time inhaling and exhaling twice through your nose. Continue the drill—breathing normally as you sprint, and adding an additional nose inhalation and exhalation when you pause—until you can no longer breathe through your nose. "It takes more effort than breathing through your mouth—even during rest—which increases the intensity of the exercise," John says. The result: more gain in less time (and distance) than on a treadmill. (Don't undermine your fitness efforts: Make sure to avoid The Worst “Free” Restaurant Foods in America.)

Jumping-jack pyramid

Do as many jumping jacks as you can in 10 seconds. Rest for an equal amount of time. Next, do as many jumping jacks as you can in 20 seconds, and rest 20 seconds. Then do 30 seconds of jumping jacks followed by 30 seconds of rest. Now work your way back down the pyramid (30, 20, 10). Repeat three times. This will change the way you think about jumping jacks forever.

Comment

Working...
                            X