Chili Time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chili Time!!

if there is anything i like about eating, it's not having to go through a lot of work every time i need to get a meal in. cooking in bulk takes a lot of stress out of throwing back some protein every 2 hrs. thats why, when in the off season and trying to push down as many calories as i can, chili is one of my good friends. it's simple and easy to make. it's cheap and it tastes great.

heres the basic things i use. you can use way more than this, but heres a good palce to start. i then multiply my ingredients to make larger batches. i usually make batches about 2 to 2 1/2 times this size.

1 lb ground meat. lately, i've been using bison, but ground turkey or beef works great as well.
    2 cans of diced tomatoes
    V8-enough to create the texture you desire
    2 cans of beans of your choice or an equivalent of dry beans(thats what i use)
    enough onion to flavor to your taste and texture
    1 package of low sodium chili powder-mild works well when eating it several time throughout the day
    garlic powder to flavor

brown your meat in a pan, and combine with other ingredients in a large vat on the stove top and you're done. eat. wait two hours. repeat. grow.
    if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Sounds delicious.
    http://www.napsgear.net/affiliate_sh..._banner_id=166

Comment

it is! and it makes eating so much easier to just simply fill a bowl with chili from your fridge, microwave, and serve. i go through phases where i'll eat it 4-5 times a day, just because it's easy.

does anyone else have any good bulk cooking ideas?
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

My wife makes a taco soup that is packed with meat. I will try and get the recipe for us
        http://www.napsgear.net/affiliate_sh..._banner_id=166

Comment

Working...
        X