Trying new routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying new routine

I like to try some of the published workouts by the Pro's. I'm just getting ready to work with Branch Warrens. One thing has me puzzled, and I wanted to see what you guys thought. He does legs on Friday, including squats, and walking lunges. Then on Saturday he does lowback/hams and shoulders. On Sat. he has deadlifts, which makes sense, but then he also does squats again. Granted they are of higher reps, but that just seems odd. I know these guys are animals and more than enough "help" to get away with this...but squats 2 days in a row???? I'm leaving the squats out since "I don't have the "help". I am doing the deadlifts though. By the way, kick ass pumps with his workout. Loving it so far. Just looking for opinions on this.

Blue

When you break the muscle down. It must repair itself. So doing squats again will not build more muscle untill the other damage has been repaired. Science is science with
    or without help!!! Just my thoughts
    "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

have no idea why he had it set up that way. i've seen enoug of his videos though, to know that isn't the norm for him.

on this note though, when it comes to following routines, one of the worst things you can do is try to follow one of the pro's routines. there is a reason they are pro. they have genetics the average man will never have. some of these guys could do just about anything they want in a gym and still grow better than the average guy. look at the form ronnie used. he threw weights around, swinging and swaying. if my form looked half as bad as his on any given day, i would probably be out with an injury, lol.

the best people to look to are the people who have very limited genetics and have had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to work around their limitations to get results
      sam1976
      Last edited by sam1976; 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM.
      if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Completely 100% agree with SAM. You should not follow the Pro's workout because that workout (if its even the actual workout) was made specifically for them and their strength and endurance levels, as well as their ability to recover. Just like you shouldn't follow everything that SAM does, he does what works best for him. Take from his workout bits and pieces of information you think can benefit you to help you develope your own routine tailored to you

Comment

Working...
        X