Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Iliotibial Band, Getting Over This 1 Fear ... Maybe you can help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Iliotibial Band, Getting Over This 1 Fear ... Maybe you can help...

I have heard that piercing the IT band in the side of the thigh won't cause damage or pain.

I came to ask this question because I am an ectomorph with very string-bean-like legs. However, my quads are the most powerful muscle I have. (major imbalances). Because of this, it is atrophied in some spots (right above the knee/small muscle bellies), and overly thick in others. Most of my quad is thick where the IT band is, and I'm having trouble locating the EXACT spot (DESPITE THE LANDMARKS) to inject. I don't want to go to much in the center, OR too much to the side.

I'm afraid I might have to go right through it, because the side of my leg is dodgy. I naturally have 3-4% body fat, but it's STILL difficult to tell looking through the skin, because of the shape of my leg. If I can get over this fear with a few tidbits of info, I can inject without worry. I've read somewhere you can go right through the IT band. My point is, I may have no choice.

Can anyone tell me anything substantive about the IT band? What am I missing?

Nice entry! Learn something important. Thanks anyway!

Comment

Working...
    X