• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White Confirms Holm vs. Rousey 2

Dana White Confirms Holm vs. Rousey 2
    By Mike Henken -
    Dec 3, 2015

After shockingly being knocked out by current champion Holly Holm in the main event of November 14’s UFC 193, it was clear that former dominant champion “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey would be taking some time off, but the consensus seemed to be that an immediate rematch would be the way to go.

It’s thought that Rousey will make her return at next summer’s UFC 200 which will most likely end up being a gigantic event and an event that could host such a massive rematch.

While that makes sense, many have said that Holm should look to take another fight to avoid being out of the cage for so long. Perhaps a bout with top contender and former title challenger Miesha Tate would make sense.

Throw that idea away, as UFC president has confirmed that a rematch between “The Preacher’s Daughter” and Rousey is indeed the direction in which the promotion will head:

“I think that if we didn’t make the rematch, me and [UFC CEO] Lorenzo [Fertitta] should probably lose our promoters’ license,” White said on the morning ESPN radio show Mike & Mike. “Yeah, that fight’s going to happen. I don’t know when, but that’s the fight that will happen.”

White continued on to discuss why the “Rousey” one deserves a second shot despite the beating she took, also noting that Holm was in favor of the decision as well:

“Ronda Rousey has gone undefeated, taken the sport to another level and was beating the best women in the world in 14 seconds or 30 seconds, so she deserves a rematch,” he said. “Holly agrees she deserves a rematch, and we’ll figure it out.”

Will the outcome of the rematch prove any different?

Working...
X