No announcement yet.

Important question to mod and admin and members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with most of the things in this post but how are you going to filter new members that enjoy bodybuilding and want to learn how to take there workout/ diet to the next level (like myself) and just use the site to read up and learn more to help me make the right choice in what to do/take compared to people that sign up to spam or police up to catch people out sort of thing, i agree there will always be rats but i think new members or min 50post b4 asking about some things will be bad for new members that just want to learn more. but there should be more rules and the rules that are in place made more clear so no excuses can be made for breaking them

Comment

Deffo agree on a minimum post count before you can use pm system, a place I Mod on has the same idea. Stopping the wrong people before it's too late is just down to luck and experiance.

Comment

Originally posted by stumpy View Post
        Deffo agree on a minimum post count before you can use pm system, a place I Mod on has the same idea. Stopping the wrong people before it's too late is just down to luck and experiance.
        Thank you for your post. I will try be mindful.

Comment

I think its a great idea even if i have to work to become a member again.

Comment

What about cross checking IP addys to make sure nobody's joining the board under multiple user names.............got a feeling there are 2 or 3 names registered to the same addy already.
            All you need is a proxyserver to hide your ip.

As far as going private. Tough call, seems to be the sponsors call though. As far as posts about orders, I believe this is the wrong place. This place should be about research/education.

I try to post to be known, but also do not want any unwanted attention. So, I try to filter what I post.

Comment

I came to this forum because it was the one linked to me by the Sponsor. I'm glad I did take the time to sign up. It's friendly here and if people use their senses they should know not to just sign up and whine about an order that's not arrived bang on time. Maybe some kind of age verification? or IQ verification <<joking about that one. People should realise that information can be obtained servers can be seized and suppliers are breaking the law, as are we. So a bit of savvy on this is probably a good thing.

Tbh as a new member myself, not everyone of us are idiots. Some are older and a bit more sensible, having a post restriction on my account would make me go elsewhere. Sad as it is, but spending 60 posts bullshitting about myself is pointless. There's only so much I will say about myself to strangers on the internet.

Edit for Clarity: I don't mind having my pm's blocked until whatever post count, as tbh I don't have a reason to pm anyone on here. This may cause problems if I wish to pm the sponsors rep on here?
              AwesomeSmiley
              Banned
              Last edited by AwesomeSmiley; 03-04-2011, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AwesomeSmiley View Post
                I came to this forum because it was the one linked to me by the Sponsor. I'm glad I did take the time to sign up. It's friendly here and if people use their senses they should know not to just sign up and whine about an order that's not arrived bang on time. Maybe some kind of age verification? or IQ verification <<joking about that one. People should realise that information can be obtained servers can be seized and suppliers are breaking the law, as are we. So a bit of savvy on this is probably a good thing.

Tbh as a new member myself, not everyone of us are idiots. Some are older and a bit more sensible, having a post restriction on my account would make me go elsewhere. Sad as it is, but spending 60 posts bullshitting about myself is pointless. There's only so much I will say about myself to strangers on the internet.

Edit for Clarity: I don't mind having my pm's blocked until whatever post count, as tbh I don't have a reason to pm anyone on here. This may cause problems if I wish to pm the sponsors rep on here?
                The pm block is more of a security issue, scammers could pm you offering you cheap but potentialy dangerous steroids (trust me I've spent time in hospital due to badly faked steroids) or it could be LE trying to befriend you to gain info.

Comment

I only buy from one place and only 1 place. I certainly wouldn't buy from some guy pm'ing me been around the block before with types like that. But I completely agree. There could be some folks that could be duped by ropey people offering fake defunct gear. The pm block doesn't really affect me as I really have no use for it. But I can see its worth to protect the more gullible people out there.

Comment

(Newbies 2 cents) I agree, alot of forums/boards have your 1st 10-20, or more, posts reviewed by a PM of Mod before they even show on a thread never mind starting a thread. (2nd post since I joined I have done nothing but read and research).
                    ODB
                    Last edited by ODB; 03-11-2011, 12:31 AM. Reason: error
                    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

we like to keep a safe place.

Comment

I believe the sponsors mite be for it however, because in essence it does protect them from the newblites..it would be much more proffesionnal and beneficial to all parties imo! And i totally agree i believe 3 more mods shuold be elected, possibly taking 8 hr shifts to constantly be reviewing threads (warning, blocking, and editing) just my 2 cents u guys know best ur the cream of the crop just want to help cuz i love this place

Comment

Working...
                        X