Steroids in BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroids in BB

Major League Baseball will seek to suspend up to 20 players connected to a performing-enhancing drug (PED) clinic in the Miami area, including Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun, possibly within the next few weeks, according to sources for ESPN.
    The suspensions - which would purportedly range from 50 to 100 games, according to MLB's current drug testing policy - would represent the largest PED scandal in American sports history.
    Tony Bosch, founder of the since-defunct Biogenesis company, has agreed to testify as part of MLB's investigation, presumably in exchange for a softer landing as MLB seeks punitive damage from the company that went around the organization's back to deliver the banned substances to the players involved.
    If Alex Rodriguez is implicated in the scandal, it will represent a giant public relations blow to the aging Yankee third baseman. In 2009, A-Rod admitted to ESPN using steroids from 2001-2003 as a member of the Texas Rangers, but denied continued consumption. Rodriguez's 57 home runs in 2002 are his career high. Currently, A-Rod is on the disabled list since undergoing hip surgery in January. At 37, the slugger's performance numbers have declined precipitously the past three seasons.

Ryan Braun, 29, is by contrast at the peak of his game. Braun escaped a steroids scandal indignant and unscathed following the 2011 season. After winning National League MVP honors, the Milwaukee outfielder tested positive for PEDs but won a hearing that overturned his suspension, with Braun's defense claiming that his urine sample had been tampered with, rather than delivered directly to a laboratory. It marked the first time a PED suspension was successfully overturned.

Steroids first came to the public eye when retired outfielder Jose Conseco wrote "Juiced", a tell-all book about their rampant use in the sport. In 2005 a congressional investigation into steroids lead the charge for stricter regulations. Some of the Major League's top sluggers for the beginning of the century have been directly or indirectly implicated in their use, including Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, and all-time home run leader Barry Bonds.
    Time Bandit
    Last edited by Time Bandit; 06-08-2013, 02:26 AM.
    Building my self for a better tomorrow.

TB take a look at the link you need to fix it, but I got there by copy and past part of it.
    The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
    Chat Box Talk And Rules
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
    No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
    http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

Got it. Got rid of the link.
      Time Bandit
      Last edited by Time Bandit; 06-08-2013, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Let em juice. Best baseball I watched was Sosa and Mcguire bashing home runs left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by stallion View Post
          Let em juice. Best baseball I watched was Sosa and Mcguire bashing home runs left and right.
          I loved baseball when they were in those home run races. So did the general public. Baseball cards were never more valuable. I haven't watched a game since.

Baseball is the one sport that should care least about PEDs. They don't improve hand eye coordination or accuracy which are the major skills needed in baseball. If they help them hit further, so be it. That's what people pay for and expect.

This whole thing drives me nuts. Most people would stab their mother in the back for a million and they expect pro sports player not to do things to maintain their careers? Maybe it's partly the tren talking, but people just annoy the shit outta me.

Comment

"but people just annoy the shit outta me"

LMAO! Your not alone brother. And the only sport I can think of that does not use PED's is Nascar.

Comment

Ah NASCAR does it too, you know how much does guys work out? Eeeeevertbody does it LOL
              Size ain't nothin' without strength. Strength ain't nothin' without size

Comment

Ya .. I didn't think about the 20 second pit crew of all volunteers. No need to test them.

Comment

They have had drivers busted for POT

Comment

But thats a natural supplement is it not...

Comment

You guys have seen Bigger, Faster, Stronger? He points out how military pilots are using pills to stay alert, musical performers are taking beta blockers to calm their nerves before performing, and how students are taking adderal to study. The better portion of human beings strive for excellence. If that means taking a chemical, that at worst will only hurt yourself, then so be it.

Comment

These guys are making millions in contracts and endorsement deals. How are they making the millions off the same fans that pay for tickets, pay per view , and buying some dumb little thing with said athlete name attached to it. Why would teams pay all that money for a man to play a game that any fool can play , cause he's better but not just better but millions better. Good enough to drag assholes into a stadium to see what he'll do next. Or be good enough to make some one buy a $30.00 hour of TV. The teams and the organizations punish these guys for doing what they are hired to do ,not be good ,but better. Never cared how he could hit all those home runs, or run so fast, just know he packs the stands or raised the ratings. This type stuff gets to me. Let these guys play and do what they have to to be good for as long as they can.

I WISH I COULD FIND AN AA THAT WOULD MAKE ME A TALETED BALL PLAYER

Comment

Originally posted by Epe View Post
                          These guys are making millions in contracts and endorsement deals. How are they making the millions off the same fans that pay for tickets, pay per view , and buying some dumb little thing with said athlete name attached to it. Why would teams pay all that money for a man to play a game that any fool can play , cause he's better but not just better but millions better. Good enough to drag assholes into a stadium to see what he'll do next. Or be good enough to make some one buy a $30.00 hour of TV. The teams and the organizations punish these guys for doing what they are hired to do ,not be good ,but better. Never cared how he could hit all those home runs, or run so fast, just know he packs the stands or raised the ratings. This type stuff gets to me. Let these guys play and do what they have to to be good for as long as they can.

I WISH I COULD FIND AN AA THAT WOULD MAKE ME A TALETED BALL PLAYER
                          Couldn't of said it better myself brother. Steroids cannot make a baseball player better. The skillsets hardly require strength. I'd even question how much increase speed helps in baseball.

They need to have form, accuracy, and hand eye coordination. Strength and speed are only a bonus to that.

Football is a different story, but being the greatest is what they are paid for. Let them do whatever it takes to be it.

Comment

Steroids can definitely make a baseball player better. Go from 40 homers to 72 homers. Look at bonds,mcgwire,sosa,dykstra,etc.. all except McGwire werent home run hitters til they juiced. Look at clemens! went 24-4 after a horrible season, check out his moon face he had. Steriods cant make the ball player but it makes an ordinary fly ball he would have had,go into the seats instead. Look at Arod, shit the bed after he stopped.

Comment

I'm no fan of WWE or as it used to be when it was founded, WWF but didn't Vince McMahaun(probly mispelled) start his empire by attracting Body Builders saying that there would be no Drug/Doping tests. He wanted the Freaks with muscles that had muscles, and apparently so did millions of fans. I can understand in the Olympics, no juice because of the so-called amateur nature, but once you get payed to play Let the guys put on a show people would probly pay more to see baseball or any other sport and then the "all nautral" talent that can keep up with or be better than a juicer should have his glory too
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X