Yelling while lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yelling while lifting

I've got a group of about 4 or 5 guys that workout at the same time I do some days and they all apparently believe that being loud while lifting helps them with the weight. So my question is WHY?????? Its really annoying when my girl and I are trying to do our thing and they are next to us yelling. Kinda pissed me off tonight and I asked them if they were having an all male orgy or something. Needless to say they aren't happy with me right now but ohh well. Excuse my rant but I do feel better now.lol

It does help bro. Men have been doing it forever you need to watch pumping iron bro. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by imsom12 View Post
      It does help bro. Men have been doing it forever you need to watch pumping iron bro. Good luck
      A grunt or some noise isn't so bad but unless your Ronnie Coleman squatting 800 lbs sometimes its uncalled for. Some do it just to be dicks. I've been in gyms over 30 years and once in a while you get someone like that. Granted the guys I'm calling dicks are yelling even when there not lifting just for some kind of attention. They may even talk fuck this and that while older people, younger kids and ladies are right there. Thank god I'm talking about a very small percent of the guys.
      sigpic

Comment

language that is vulgar and uncalled for in a gym setting. Make a complant to management. Let them know that you and other members of the gym find this disturbing. If management is worth a damn they will politely ask them to be considerate of other members. Thats what I would do. Now ask Big L what he would do.. LMAO :-)
        Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Its annoying.... If I can hear you with my headphones on, you need to make less noise. Let the air escape your lungs without channeling into sound you neanderthal. The same goes for clanging weights and plates around. If you can't set the weight down without an earthquake, then you can't handle the load brah. Do some more reps with less weight and get control of that thing. I am assuming we are talking about day to day gyms like 24 hour or Golds. Now, if you are going to a gym like "Armbrust Pro Gym" and you are working out with potential Mr. and Mrs. Olympia candidates, then by all means, grunt on the last 2 of your 10 reps with 650lb chair squats.
          Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

First thing that came to mind was Arnold talking about giving posing advice to the young German guy, "The higher your pose, the higher you scream, the lower your pose, the lower you scream". Kills me every time, lol.

I agree 100% with Paul. I grunt, but it's never distracting, and unless you're Ronnie Coleman, you don't need to scream. It's too distracting.

I know this is a completely different topic, but there is a group of guys at my gym that just stand around and will talk for 2 hours, taking a break to do one set every five or ten minutes. Last time I was on Tren it put me pretty close to raging on them.

Comment

I've heard that yelling while lifting is wasting energy that could be but into your lift!

What's with the guys that use dumbbells and throw them to the floor from shoulder height, after they just finished shoulder presses, what the fuck is with that??? If ya fuckin break um ya wont have um to use anymore, my thoughts anyway????
              The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
              Chat Box Talk And Rules
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
              No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
              http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

I think that you should workout with a lot of intensity, but like Mrbig said yelling is a waste of energy that could be used for one more hard rep.now I have been guilty of dropping some weight to the ground but only when doing some really heavy rows and my grip has literally let go on its own, but never to the floor from shoulder high, that's completely foolish. by the way Mrbig you have completely changed your physique bro. good work
                ROLL TIDE ROLL

Comment

Surely there's no need for the drop from shoulder height. But the hodge twins talk about this in one of their vids.
                  Haters are always gonna hate. Your better being hated on than the one doing the hating love life live it.

Comment

Working...
                  X