Smith machines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith machines...

Currently the only option I have for a gym is Planet Fitness. I don't have a license and there is one within 2 min walking distance. The only barbells there are on smith machines. Recently I have seen people using them facing the opposite direction when bench pressing. I am pretty sure someone did it and people saw and mimicked thinking it must be some secret. Is this in anyway beneficial? I imagine it isnt because of the start and ending points of a natural bench press is consistent with the points of the direction the smith machine forces your motion when using the correct way. Or is it really no diff.? Just looking for others input.

I really don't know if it's any more beneficial that way. Might just be someones preference as to how they hold the bar to keep the hooks from coming back on them. I personally like doing decline on the smith machine. Hey bro if that's all they got, at least you're lifting!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I really don't mind them. It pretty much sucks for dead lifts. I dislike squats on it, but isn't too bad. I still do both obviously. Just sucks having to make sure your feet are in perfect placement to get close to being able to do a proper lift with the forced movement. What I really hate is not being able to do clean and jerks or clean and press whatever you prefer to call em.

Comment

Working...
      X