Cervical Kyphosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cervical Kyphosis

So I suffer from Cervical Kyphosis not that it's a big deal.. but yeah it gives me neck, sometimes back pains, location of the pain varies from lower to upper back..anyway, I was wondering if weight training could make this worse? Like I've worked on traps and back pretty hard the day before yesterday and man my neck hurts, I can barely lean it any way or if I do my back hurts, almost feels like the nerves are getting stuck well it's a weird feeling. I'm pretty sure it's also due to sore muscles but yeah..

I had done xrays or whatever it's called last year due to a football injury, I had dislocated my shoulder and when I asked them about my neck they said it wasn't such a big deal and often happened to ppl like me who did extreme sports..hmm ...

anyway yeah would definitely wanna hear your opinions
    xamo
    Last edited by xamo; 07-16-2012, 01:45 AM.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

sounds like a stinger. as far as the lifting with your condition, what exactly is it that causes the pain? is it nerves getting squeezed or pinched or muscle? either way i would imagine lifting has some sort of effect on it no matter what
    "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

from what ive read briefly, it sounds like its just vertebrae. it is the straightening of the curvature in the neck if im reading right? bro, I AM NO DOCTOR AT ALLL, but it seems like it would just be something to watch. they do suggest therapy so that might be something to look into to maybe strengthen the muscles around the neck. thats what i would do if i had the condition
      "I COUNT HIM BRAVER WHO OVERCOMES HIS OWN DESIRE THAN WHO CONQUERS HIS ENEMIES, FOR THE HARDEST VICTORY IS OVER SELF"

"SUCCESS ISN'T ALWAYS ABOUT GREATNESS. IT'S ABOUT CONSISTENCY. CONSISTENT HARD WORK GAINS SUCCESS. GREATNESS WILL COME"

Comment

It's bone related - and is due to all the impacts I put my upper body through while playing football... I pretty much as far as I understand it slightly damaged my cervical, and with time instead of the usual healthy curve it has it straightened. To be honest I don't really know much on the subject as it never really bothered me in the past... but now I'm starting to ask myself questions as it slowly becomes an issue so it seems
        'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment