Cannot lose weight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot lose weight...

I eat under 1500 calories per day and run around 45 miles per week and yet I cannot lose weight. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I have tried eating more calories which does not work each day I never hit my calorie, fat, nor carb target and am always way under and yet my weight has stayed exactly the same for the past four weeks.
    Would appreciate any help.

Yes... UP your calories. 1500 calories is for a dwarf. Your diet obviously isn't right if you can't lose any weight. I personally can't lose weight unless I eat a minimum of 3000 calories
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

I would recommend going to a physician and having your blood work done. Based on 1500 calories and the amount of running you are doing, it should be about a perfect swap. 1500 cals of food / 1500 cals burned running daily.... You have to be burning a minimum of 1000 Kcals per day without doing anything at all. So, you have some serious metabolic issues if you cannot lose weight on a starvation diet with intense cardio...
      Somebody out there is working harder. Somebody wants it more.

Comment

starvation diets are plain stupid. Starvation diets get your metabolism to slow down therefore burn less fat, plus you're burning more muscles than fat. I had the issue where with 1800 calories I couldn't lower my weight anymore while doing intensive cardio sessions. I had to up my calories up to 2400 in order to continue the fat loss as I had more muscles therefore my minimum intake upped, and I needed more calories in order for my metabolism to keep going. It then happened again, and I had to up it to 3000. I can't lose any fat if I don't eat for 3000 calories. He just has to play with his body and diet and see what works for him. 1500 calories is extremely low for any human being. Especially an adult. And to only consume 1500 when your body already burns more by itself, and burns another 1000+ calories from working out is the dumbest thing you could ever do. Your goal is to reach your minimum intake, then make a "SMALL" deficit from it. If you want to burn more calories, then add calories to your minimum intake and burn more from "THAT" intake. If your minimum is 2000 and you aim to burn 1000 daily, then eat at least for 2400-2600 calories. In order to achieve a "right" fat loss it is an extremely slow process and from "SMALL" deficits. That is if you eat the "RIGHT" food. If you eat crap, then no matter what you'll do, you'll remain a fat fuck.

Comment

I agree very much with Krazy. I am in no way shape or form a dr but you could have a condition that might be preventing weight loss. I was in the same boat about 4 years ago it didn't matter how much I at or even what I ate wasn't drinking or smoking so I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong. I did notice slight fatigue so my dr had my thyroid checked and low and behold I was suffering from hypothyroidism which is why is responsible for your body's metabolism. I'm not saying that's what is wrong with you because I'm not a dr but your doctor will be able to run tests and see if there isn't something that could be preventing you from achieving weight loss. Before I even started cycling I got my thyroid back in line and slowly but surely began losing weight. THIS POST IS JUST AGREEING WITH WHAT KRAZY HAS STATED I AM NOT A DR BUT I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU GET BLOOD WORK DONE TO FIND THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM!

Comment

For the past 3 weeks I've been staying around 1600calories/day and I've cut just under 20lbs lol. A good amount is water weight, but a lot is fat. My body is more toned up than I ever remember it being. Some people have good luck starving themselves, others do not. I don't seem to be hurting the muscles too much, but I haven't gained any muscle size either. All compromises. You just have to find what works best for your body, everyone is different lol.

Comment

Hi there are you familiar with a DCR tool? (daily calorie maintenance) this tool show you exactly how many calories you need to eat to gain/lose weight there's one
              here http://www.leanlibrarianworkouts.com just let me know if you need help with anything else, goodluck.
              Improve Muscle Growth

Comment

Dude... those tools are bs, they gives you a general idea of what you might need but they're often far off. There are many things those things don't take into consideration yet that are what's most important to calculate your own maintenance

Comment

I disagree. I should have mentioned that this tool is for someone with a easy job not a labourer, sorry, I dont mean any disrespect xamo but are you sure that "micalhassi" will not benefit WHAT SO EVER from this tool? regards
                  Improve Muscle Growth

Comment

Maybe it's useful for inactive people. Not for anyone doing serious physical activities.

Comment

I uesed one of the calorie calculators and it asked me some questions about the amount of phiscal activety I got and it told me I needed alot more cals than I had been getting about 2000 more.

Comment

Thanks xamo.
                        Improve Muscle Growth

Comment

Originally posted by micalhassi View Post
                          I eat under 1500 calories per day and run around 45 miles per week and yet I cannot lose weight. Does anyone have any suggestions?
                          I have tried eating more calories which does not work each day I never hit my calorie, fat, nor carb target and am always way under and yet my weight has stayed exactly the same for the past four weeks.
                          Would appreciate any help.
                          Maybe you're doing something wrong with your diet or your exercise. But as you said, about your routine, and you have done everything that you say, a professional doctor can answer if you have a problem physiologically. That's why these diet and exercise can't help.
                          orangetoes
                          Last edited by orangetoes; 10-24-2012, 09:58 AM.

Comment

1500 is too low period. Plus he's saying he's eating UNDER 1500 calories which is horrible. That with the added cardio... is a dumb combination. You have the answer right in front of you. Your diet sucks, you're stuck with that idea of "Losing weight comes from LOW calories + cardio" which is wrong. So read, read, and read more.

Comment

You can use any of the weight loss pills, join weight loss programs and get helps from weight loss books.Do exercise on daily basis, make routine to do morning walk, take your meal properly... All these stuff is really help you for loosing your weight and get body slim..
                              Weight loss pills

Comment

Working...
                              X