bringing out upper quads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bringing out upper quads

im trying to bring out my upper quads a little more. i do squat, hacks, extensions, etc. and have tried all kinds of different things like foot positioning and toe angles but cant really seem to hit the upper quad. when i say upper quad, i meen the top half of the leg, closest to the hip (vastus intermedius). i have no problem hitting the lower quad, like around the knee (vastus medialis and lateralis). i watched a few videos and read a little literature and have heard anything from leg extensions with the back support all the way back which allows you almost to lay down and do them. and ive also heard to point your toes outward away from your body while doing them sitting normally. just seeing if anyone has any secrets or tips that i havent heard of for bringing this out. i'm 6'2" so maybe i just cant develop them the way shorter guys can. i hope thats not the case cause i want some freaky wheels. thanks in advance guys

The quads are a huge muscle group. It takes a long time to get those freaky wheels. I know this is a lame answer, but keep hitting those squats, presses, and single leg lifts and they fill out with time.

Comment

Also, may try some sissy squats if your knees can take them.

Comment

how much do you weigh?
        how much do you squat (1RM)?
        Goals:
        1.5+ x BW Bench
        2.0+ x BW Squat
        2.25+ x BW DL
        Quit Smoking (Chantix)

Comment

i weigh 265 right now and i havent maxed out lately but last time i squatted i did 315 for 8 reps.

Comment

Originally posted by xela1988 View Post
            i weigh 265 right now and i havent maxed out lately but last time i squatted i did 315 for 8 reps.
            not too shabby. hack squats might help

do you do any sprint work or jumps?
            Goals:
            1.5+ x BW Bench
            2.0+ x BW Squat
            2.25+ x BW DL
            Quit Smoking (Chantix)

Comment

Yea i rotate between hacks and regular squats every monday. I can feel the difference in m legs now. Cant really see too much definition but i can feel the muscles shapes. No i dont do any sprints or box jumps

Comment

Fronts with feet close and hacks with feet infront and close together.
                Stay In The Grind......Muscle Comes With Time

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, somewhere, somebody is tired of her shit !!

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BG~ View Post
                  Fronts with feet close and hacks with feet infront and close together.
                  Did this monday and really felt it in my upper quads like i was looking for. I think its alot of mind-muscle connection too. U actually have to think about feeling it where u want to work it.

Thanks BG

Comment

I was having a hard time getting a good quad burn so I increased my working wieght from 625lbs to 925lbs with in a month. Have been on this wieght for a month now trying to get to 1000lbs. I cant do squats cause of my back so I use a leg press sled. I do 20rps, 15rps, 20rps, 15rps, I have no problem getting the whole quad even hits the glutes . I also walk 1hr on incline every after every workout.

Comment

I dont have a problem getting a burn or a pump in my quads. I just have pretty shitty genetics so most of my fat is on my legs (mostly inner thighs and i feel too girly doing adductors or abductors even though i prob should). Like i said i have no problem hitting the lower hal of my quads but my legs are so long i have a hard hitting the top closer to the hips. I also go pretty high volume on leg presses with a rep range of about 15-25 but heavy. But i did hit them the other day by doing hacks with my feet inside my shoulders. Had to go pretty light and focus on pushing with the upper quads but it did hit em. Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate all of yall and everything else that makes this forum so great

Comment

Dude I have seen some real monsters useing the thigh master before and this was when the gals where doing the zumba so the gym was packed and no one was sayin shit to them, give it a ride it might be the ticket.

Comment

yea i think ill give it a whirl next leg day

Comment

few suggestions... quads are such a big musce that you'll need to really go all out to truly hit the entire fibers. so any intensity techniques like drop sets, trisets, pre-exhaustion can help. good example for triset that also uses pre-exhautions...
                            1. feet low leg press 15 reps
                            2. leg ext 15 reps
                            3. deep squat 15 reps
                            do the above for 4 sets going up in weights and all your quads will be activted.

now the movements tat speciafically hits upper fiber..
                            1. leg ext sitting back: lift your butt and flex your hams on negative and flex your hip flexor on positive. try sets of 20, 25, 30 all going up in weight(ascending sets)
                            2. 50 rep leg press with feet narrow and low (usually done after #1)
                            3. med to wide stance squat while pushing knees outward like you're trying to ''spread the floor'' I like 4-6 reps on these.
                            4. wide stance feet high leg press bottom 1/2 reps for 75-100 reps: this is actually for hamstrings and innerthighs but your upper outerquads will be screamng as well.
                            5. 50 rep squat with 225lbs. (pretty much hits entire legs)

Comment

Originally posted by myosaurus View Post
                              few suggestions... quads are such a big musce that you'll need to really go all out to truly hit the entire fibers. so any intensity techniques like drop sets, trisets, pre-exhaustion can help. good example for triset that also uses pre-exhautions...
                              1. feet low leg press 15 reps
                              2. leg ext 15 reps
                              3. deep squat 15 reps
                              do the above for 4 sets going up in weights and all your quads will be activted.

now the movements tat speciafically hits upper fiber..
                              1. leg ext sitting back: lift your butt and flex your hams on negative and flex your hip flexor on positive. try sets of 20, 25, 30 all going up in weight(ascending sets)
                              2. 50 rep leg press with feet narrow and low (usually done after #1)
                              3. med to wide stance squat while pushing knees outward like you're trying to ''spread the floor'' I like 4-6 reps on these.
                              4. wide stance feet high leg press bottom 1/2 reps for 75-100 reps: this is actually for hamstrings and innerthighs but your upper outerquads will be screamng as well.
                              5. 50 rep squat with 225lbs. (pretty much hits entire legs)
                              Sounds pretty fuckin intense and i like intense. Gunna have to try some of that on the next leg day. Thanks bros

Comment

Working...
                              X