Rate my biceps routines please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate my biceps routines please?

So I'm going to put two of them here, as I switch in between those two every 2 weeks. Please let me know your thoughts on it?

You might consider them as low weights, but I make sure to do the proper form and make sure to concentrate on the flexing every single time. So it's kinda slow movements.

First routine:

3x21@36lbs- 21 (starting down half the way up x7, starting half way to top x7, then bottom to top x7) that no rest. 15secs rest then repeat it so that it makes 3 sets.

1 minute rest

4x8@60lbs : Basic one arm at a time bicep curls... (15sec rest in between sets)
    1min rest
    2x8@60lbs : one arm dumbbell preacher curls (15sec rest in between sets)
    1x8@70lbs : one arm dumbbell preacher curls (15sec rest in between sets)
    1x8@80lbs : one arm dumbbell preacher curls (15sec rest in between sets)
    1min rest
    4x8@60lbs : hammer curls (15sec rest in between sets)

there... that's my first one...

then every two weeks i switch up to these...

3x(4x4)@36lbs : http://youtu.be/Zfvz3Sm3MdU (horrible video if you ask me but couldn't find any better)

1 minute rest

Reverse grip curls: 4x8@50lbs (15sec rest in between sets)
    Hammer curls: 4x8@60lbs (15sec rest in between sets)
    power clean: 1x8@ 264lbs
    power clean: 1x8@ 200lbs
    power clean: 1x8@ 160lbs
    power clean: 1x max rep @ 132lbs

inputs?
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too

I hate to mess w anyone's routines -no one knows ur body like u.

but I would like to suggest that every 2 weeks for one workout u do go Heavy (3 X 6-8reps) straight or EZ-bar curls + (3X6-8), EZ-bar preacher curls (still use good form).

This could be good shock to ur arms between routines.
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

i don't have a ez bar yet thats my issue and if i use the bench bar it hurts my elbows joints

Comment

Originally posted by xamo View Post
        i don't have a ez bar yet thats my issue and if i use the bench bar it hurts my elbows joints
        Have the army monkey's in the motorpool make u one? kidding Ebay has em for $12 -$20 bucks.
        good luck Bro + stay Frosty.
        "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

haha. yeah that's definitely gonna be one of my next purchase

Comment

Looks good I'm gonna throw this in on my next two bicep workouts,gonna do one heavy and one light.Looks fun lol

Comment

Yeah personally I love these routines... the power clean is a bitch though.

Comment

i feel that my arms have grown as the weight how gone up on my back rowing movements. that being said, everyones arms are different and i feel i personally still need some individual attention, directly on the bi's and tri's. for what it's worth, heres what i do. i train bis/tris together, 4 exercises for 4 sets for each bi's and tri's. sometimes i superset them together. sometimes i do all of one, then the other. no matter what though, it's always 4 sets, 4 exercises. for bi's i work in the 8-12 rep range. for tri's i tend to get a good response from going higher, 8-20 rep range, depending on the exercise, how i'm feeling, ect.
                if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Thanks Sam! I wanna ask though, when you're saying you're doing 4 sets 4 exercises, do you mean 4 sets per exercises? To be honest I never could understand my arms... I feel like the way I feel them, the biceps I mean, are either when I'm doing one arm curls, I actually can get the bicep to really contract and I can feel that it's working, and also when I'm doing the 21s... I can feel the lower part of my biceps do the work, it hurts but good... everything else to be honest I don't have that one feeling... my biceps get tired but I don't get the exhaustion I get from the two exercises above... I feel like that's what's slowing me down

Comment

i too do alot of supersets for arms..iv chose lower weight on arm day to really squeeze the muscle and figure its getting alot of heavy training from compound movements. for me personally 21s are a waste of time..i get alot more out of a full range motion where i can flex the muscle and hold some tension on the contraction. try sitting backward in the preacher bench so ur arms are against the flat part. this will really let you extent the bicep, then hold the contraction for a few seconds and slowly lower it. i guarantee you'll feel a difference. you prolly will have to use a lighter wt but its worth it
                    Satisfaction Is the Death of Desire

Comment

Gotcha, I will give that a try. I however never really got the pinching while doing it.. the preaching style curls... that's why I'm wondering if it's actually any good for me... and I only do the 21s because if I do it as a warm up, and lift heavy afterward, I can easily feel the pinching, tho when I don't do such warm ups, I never do

Comment

I second sams post as i have the same routine. Bis are small so they dont need a lot of sets really. Just hit them from different angles with different weight and grips bud

Comment

Working...
                        X