Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't make a particular muscle group sore..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't make a particular muscle group sore..??

I am frustrated trying to make my bi's sore..seems no matter what I try as far as exercise's go, I can't get them to react..??!! I have no trouble with making other muscles sore..!! just f---en bi's for some reason. I have tried overload, lighter super strict..etc. I can get them pumped well just not sore..why are they any different than the rest..? I have focused on form as best I can..do any of you have a this problem or maybe with a particular muscle or group..??
    test

I have had this problem it is more of a mind muscle connection...ur hitting it they get pumped+worked out but u just dont feel that connection so they don't burn/get sore.
    I switched to strict Bi only exercises such as strict preacher curls (really like some of the machines for Bi's for this).
    sometimes I do 1 arm at a time + feel/squeeze my bicep with my other hand/fingers + really focus on using just my Bi.
    "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

I never get sore.. doesn't mean my muscles don't get better..
      Ain't no use in lookin' down
      Ain't no discharge on the ground
      Ain't no use in lookin' back
      'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
      Ain't no use in feelin' blue
      'Cause Jody's got your lady too

Comment

Originally posted by one-more View Post
        I am frustrated trying to make my bi's sore..seems no matter what I try as far as exercise's go, I can't get them to react..??!! I have no trouble with making other muscles sore..!! just f---en bi's for some reason. I have tried overload, lighter super strict..etc. I can get them pumped well just not sore..why are they any different than the rest..? I have focused on form as best I can..do any of you have a this problem or maybe with a particular muscle or group..??
        Years back this happened with me...Just 1 question? How often do you work them ?? If you over train you will NEVER get sore. I can still get my biceps sore after 15 years of training. Think about heavier weight and maintaining form... Thanks bud!

Comment

I train them every seven days. Four exersises, four sets..always swithching things up..I have started doing as OBD has talked about, using machines I have noticed seems to isolate better for me as well. really concentrating on form and lowering weight has helped with pump for sure...just don't seem to get them sore for some reason...?? tri's, no problem...!! I will keep trying different things until something works...till then I will keep getting them pumped and burned best I can..you are right about the concentration and strick movement part though.. that does help alot instead of using momentum and swinging you see so much of...thx..
          test

Comment

I've had that problem a lot , I actually cut down on sets, increased intensity, throwing in some negatives. The one thing that I know made them sore was when I supersetted barbell curl ( and really it could be any movement) and then u do a pull up with palms facing u while at the top of the movement u hold it as long as u can contracting the muscle as much as possible. Just one rep between sets and man that made my bis sore as hell the next day.

Comment

I cannot do pullups at all...!! my conective tissue in elbows is sooo fu---- up. had them pinned from doc. three times in the past few years only to have pain return after a brief layoff...done with that cause it is degenerative to the tissue..at my age "45" have to be soo careful what exercises I use..I can lift heavy with some and not so heavy with others, but pull ups...makes my elbows and tendons hurt just watching someone else bang out a set of pullups..!! lol lol
              test

Comment

You cld try using the lat pull down using less weight and lowering it to the front of your face and holding it there. I know what u mean, I have the same problem with flat bench. When i try doing them the pain in my shoulder joint is just too much yet I can go to a machine and do them but in a seated position with nowhere near the pain.

Comment

Try coming down on weight alittle and try to focus on exploding as you come up. do acouple sets of 8 exploding as hard as you can every set with no more than 30 seconds rest between each set. You will be tired.
                  "Those that give up a little freedom for security, deserve neither and shall loose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yeah, you are correct 56too...I have to use the assited dip/pull up machine. I cannot lift my own bodyweight without pain, when using the weight assisted machine I can do them lightly for high reps..its funny, sometimes between sets I will just sit on "my dead ass" and watch whats going on around in gym..you see a couple eighteen year-olds just hammering out all kinds of shit like pull ups and the like...I just smile and think to myself "better enjoy it brother, if you only knew what's coming"...think we all were indestructable at one time...lol
                    test

Comment

Originally posted by one-more View Post
                      Yeah, you are correct 56too...I have to use the assited dip/pull up machine. I cannot lift my own bodyweight without pain, when using the weight assisted machine I can do them lightly for high reps..its funny, sometimes between sets I will just sit on "my dead ass" and watch whats going on around in gym..you see a couple eighteen year-olds just hammering out all kinds of shit like pull ups and the like...I just smile and think to myself "better enjoy it brother, if you only knew what's coming"...think we all were indestructable at one time...lol
                      I hear ya brother, just saw my orthopedic doc friday - diagnosis - medial epicondylitis =not that bad "golfers elbow" ; the anterior forearm contains several muscles that are involved with flexing the fingers and thumb, and flexing and pronating the wrist. The tendons of these muscle come together in a common tendinous sheath, which is inserted into the medial epicondyle of the humerus at the elbow joint. In response to minor injury, or sometimes for no obvious reason at all, this point of insertion becomes inflamed.

But before I Left the Doc says dude your 42 time to stop going so heavy or your gonna start poping tendons/ligaments all over the body.
                      "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

Fucken painfull to look good huh...??!!! LMAO....nothing like tilting a "cup of coffee" and having to massage your elbow with a whimper...least for me..haha
                        one-more
                        Last edited by one-more; 02-19-2012, 08:15 PM.
                        test

Comment

I think it just depends on the person. I get pumps so bad in my arms that after the 2nd workout I'm smoked. Now on the other hand I can blast legs and be ready to train them again the next day. But my legs and calves are my best bodypart.

Comment

Get a spotter an burn out as many times as you can.

Comment

think about getting a stretch and a contraction...and controlling the weight throughout the whole movement. I used to have the same problem..

Comment

Working...
                              X