how healthy is your shake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how healthy is your shake?

Have you ever wondered what you were really getting out of your favorite brand of protein shake? Now you will no longer need to wonder because Consumer Reports has gone to the trouble for you. The results are alarming to say the least and scary if you consume more than 3 servings a day.

The following chart shows exactly what is in the top 15 protein shakes on the market and as you read the results you should keep in mind that the maximum limits for heavy metals in dietary supplements proposed by the U.S. Pharmacopoeia are: arsenic (inorganic), 15 ?g per day; cadmium, 5 ?g; lead, 10 ?g; mercury, 15 ?g
    Attached Files

Yeah but all those companies are garbage. I only use NeedToBuildMuscle and use it exclusively. Only the BEST quality.

Comment

Funny i used two of them before. I no longer do because of research but good to know!!!
      "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Comment

I'm going to have to find me some good protein, I'm on syntha-6 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by lifestyle View Post
          I'm going to have to find me some good protein, I'm on syntha-6 at the moment.
          Any suggestions I'm open.

Comment

Thats bad because I'm still using Muscle Tech right now!!! Got 15pds. of that shit.. Oh well.....

Comment

need some good recomendations on protein I know I have just about ran the whole protein market

Comment

use German brands, they have higher quality standards!

Comment

I drink slim-fast shakes which are different in flavours which contains 20g carbs.5g proteins and 17g sugar.
                  best diet plans

Comment

BSN, thats all i drink but not those flavors.Syntha 6 vanilla ice cream 3 times a day. lean dessert banana cream 3 times a day with meals. is it just those flavors or the whole product? thought BSN was a very good company

Comment

Love that Syntha 6, I try to go for the Mocha flavour when I can. Still a lot of shakes floating around over here with aspartame in them which is not good news.

Comment

Which Protein To Take??

Hello guys I am a nubie in here
                        I would like to know that whether I should consume any protein powder or not ??
                        I am 63 kgs
                        and my height is 5 feet 4 inches

Comment

I like Myofusion. They are all good, but I especially like the milk chocolate, peanut butter chocolate and mint chocolate (anyone else see a pattern)

besides tasting good, it has a good blend of protein in it also

Comment

If you use a blender - a banana in the shake makes it smooth and creamy. Frozen strawberries are good also. I also add a teaspoon of konsyl for the fiber.
                            goanywhere
                            Last edited by goanywhere; 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

great list, they are the best protein shakes I've used one of them and the results were great.
                              Grape Seed

Comment

Working...
                              X