Rest needed in between muscle groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest needed in between muscle groups

Minimum rest for all muscles is obviously 48 hours. However, I've noticed that some muscles needed more time than others in order to recover, that after an intensive time at the gym.

lower body (including legs and glutes) I usually need 3 to 5 days rest after an intensive HIIT / athleticism training. I don't do weight lifting besides squats with legs.

mid, as in abs, and lower back I noticed that I could work EOD, I've been told many times that ABS could be trained everyday but I'm not sure what kinda moron that was to say that as everyday would lead to overtraining, no exception.

Upper body, as in back and chest I can pretty much do it EOD as well, though I prefer to give it 3 to 4 days to make sure I recover well.

As for the arms, biceps I'm not gonna lie I could work them EOD but I'd rather mix it up a lil so I don't do it. As for my triceps that I actually need 3 to 5 days as well.. it's kinda weird.

I'm sure everyone is different but that pretty much is my time for recovery.

One thing I can say for sure, that is for EVERYONE is the 48 hours minimum mark, and that for ABS too.
    Ain't no use in lookin' down
    Ain't no discharge on the ground
    Ain't no use in lookin' back
    'Cause Jody's got your Cadillac
    Ain't no use in feelin' blue
    'Cause Jody's got your lady too
Working...
X