Question Regarding Max Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Regarding Max Bench

Sup yall? I did 315 for a one rep max today. I attempted 325, but I wasn't successful with that. Do you think it's possible to get 405 1RM by December 31st? Is that a reasonable goal???

On a sidenote, I'll be doing either dbol or adrol stack with Deca and Test E starting October 3rd. The cycle will end in January.

I have limited experience with strength gains on aas. But 7 yrs training experience and I'd have to say that would be pushin it homeboy. You might be different but 90 lbs in 6 months is a lot. I could see 360 or maybe 380 with the sups you are runnin with. I do have to say be careful. tryin to hit your goal ain't worth tearin somethin and being out of the game for months. Good luck bro.

Comment

A lot of it depends on how much you weigh. Or at least that's what I've found in my case, the more I weigh the more I bench. For example when I weighed 175 I was able to put up 315 5 times, but now that I only weigh 167 I can only get it up once. I am of the opinion that if I got up to 185 I would be able to bench 405, grant it this is just a theory of mine since I haven't ever weighed that much, but it seems that the percentages are there. So maybe some of the "big guys" can answer your question.

Comment

Damn!!! I see where you guys coming from, so that's why I said, "DAMN" because yall right...hehe. That is too big of a jump. If I was benching 225...then 315 would be possible in 6 months...but already doing 315 and want to get to 405....that's still 90 pounds...but a different "90" pounds. Little one, that's sick yo! Benching 315 five times @175. I thought I was impressive benching 315 once at 175. Atleast that's what the "big" guys at the gym were saying. They also said by me being 5'6, it helps with having an impressive bench since my "arm" length is shorter...or something like that. See, this is what I was thinking: My goal is to get to atleast 180 pounds by October. That's only 5 more pounds from now, but my current cycle will be over in July...so I'm going to lose some gains and what not, but I want to be atleast 180 by October. So that way, I can do a true Bulk steroid/diet cycle...and get 20 pounds in 12 weeks with that, so I'll be like 200. By me being 200, I was thinking I could get 405, but than again...that's two times my body weight@ 200...so really, yall right...benching two times your bodyweight is SUPER impressive and RARE...so I was told by vets at the local gym...

Comment

I'll change my goal...it's more reasonable to be able to do 315 ten times than doing 405 once. Because I notice that I wasn't able to hit 315 once until I was able to do 245 ten times. When I was doing 225 ten times, I only could do 295...

Comment

315 for 5 at 175 is a hell of a push brother. I'm the same size and weight as you guys but a lot older I'm sure lol. I just popped 340 at 174. Been chasing a double bw bench for a long time! Getting closer. Both of you should enter a meet. Google powerlifting watch and find one near you. I'm 5 for 5 in the Masters 181 class (I'm 53). You'll meet some great people and learn a lot. And depending on your ages you should both do well. 90lbs in 6 months? Even with gear it'd be a stretch but in a year you could. I was in a meet with one young buck took 405 for a ride at 165 ! But his Tris were like 2 feet long lol. We train Westside for meets.
            Check it out sometime. Its brutal but it put 40lbs on mine in an 11 week cycle. Good luck to you both.
            Braveone
            Last edited by Braveone; 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

damn i wish i could bench twice my bodyweight. the record holding world heavyweight powerlifter stan efferding does 606 at 275 lbs, so that not much more than you guys weight to strength

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuCcqi-krhk
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

Yeah I've always been naturally strong when I was a freshman in high school I weighed 135 and was benching 225 and squatting 315 all natural! I still hold some of the records! But I have to watch my weight cause I'm a fighter and I like the class I'm in now.

Comment

What about these guys benching over a thousand pounds? Is it a different class? I always knew the big guys in the gym always give me respect for the percentages I put up, but I never really thought to much about it. Never even thought about powerlifting really.

Comment

Originally posted by little one View Post
                    What about these guys benching over a thousand pounds? Is it a different class? I always knew the big guys in the gym always give me respect for the percentages I put up, but I never really thought to much about it. Never even thought about powerlifting really.
                    the only guys ive ever seen bench 1000 lbs are well over 275 lbs, they wear those bullshit vest, and never do it raw.
                    Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

The world record raw bench is like 715 by Mendy. Probably in the 308's. The world record shirted is 1075 by Kennelly same weight class or close. IMO saying he had to wear a shirt to do it is like saying we went to the moon but had to use a rocket to get there. There is no other way to achieve either of those goals. The human body is not set up to endure the tremendous torque of that lift. Shirts are a tool for support and to provide "pop" off the chest. They do not guarantee 3 white lights. In fact they're so tricky to master they miss on a lot of attempts. They still must be able to lock out those staggering loads. At my last meet (Pittsburgh Monster Bench) the biggest lift was 705 at 260, up close and personal it is something to see. I'm telling you guys enter a meet. Win, lose or draw the knowledge you gain and the people you'll meet are worth it.

Comment

I gotta agree with Pushin when it comes to the vests. If you can't do it raw then you ain't doin it! It's like my deadlift I can only do 315 without straps or versa grips, but if I use my versas then I can get 405. So I always say I deadlift 315 cause if my natural grip can't hold it, then I ain't really doin it!

Comment

OK try this. An intermediate bencher could expect to add 40-75lbs to his bench in a single ply SHIRT. Without a ton of assistance work you could get it off your chest an inch or two but you could never keep the bar moving or lock it out. Everything must be stronger to use a SHIRT lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X