Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to bench BIG

Pain is just weakness leaving the body

good video... interesting differences i the range of motion discussion between how "good technique" for a power lifter is to shorten the range of motion when a lot of stuff I've read about body sculpting always focuses on maximizing the range of motion, getting the elbows as low as possible for stretch and to bring in the shoulders and stabalizers more... all depends on the goals I suppose... but definitely explains why my bench has never been as heavy as I thougth it should be for my size and other lifts.

Comment

when i focused on the form he mentions, i saw immediate results. like he said its a compound lift, get a tight grip on the bar, squeeze ur shoulder blades together and ull notice a difference
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body

Comment

part of my problem with adding weight has always been that I use an extremely wide grip... pretty much touching the wrack... it's always kept my chest very broad but my hands definitely aren't over my elbow.... I always did this because of Arnold saying/writing in his Encycolopedia of BB. "the broader the grip the broader the back/chest"... I think that's true... but it's not where power comes from.... I'm going to start mixing it up, bringing my hands in close like his are every other work out or so.

Comment

This is a really good video pushin weight. T-nation is a really good site to learn about any techniques. I have'nt benched in months, injured my upper back. "who the fuck came up with my bad" lol. Great stuff.
          Muscles are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Eat big to get big.

Comment

Great video - the "toe dance" he refers to always cracks me up and its usually followed by some douche bag yelling at the top of his lungs during the press.

Comment

This technique works for powerlifting, but i really dont feel too much of a stretch in the pecs when i do it this way. The stretch is important to me.

Comment

Nice video, thanks bro!
                All information provided by me is for research purpose only. I do not sell illegal compounds nor can I supply anyone with a source for raw materials.

Comment

Sometimes it's good to know you've been doing it all wrong the whole time. Guess it's true you never stop learning.

Comment

I'm a competitive bencher with 5 wins in 5 meets so far. There are a million things to remember in your bench set up. To excel it must become automatic. Guys always ask how to improve their bench. I always steer them towards this video. I train Westside. If you want to bench more or maybe compete. (There's hundreds of meets year round in this country) or just shake up your routine check it out. For those worried about complete pec development, don't. After a really hard max effort day every fiber in your chest and shoulders will be shot

Comment

Working...
                    X