Vegetable question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetable question

I'm currently cutting and and eating about 2400 calories a day at 212 pounds and I do notice I get really hungry sometimes between meals and also at night, I have never really had to cut because I have always been in pretty good shape. Just wanting to get to about 8 % bodyfat from 13-15%... I did some nutrition label reading and it seems that the best vegetable for cutting would be collard greens, it has NO sugar at all, 2g's carb 1g fiber , and 1g protein with no fat and 30 calories... so my question is can I eat about 300 calories worth of this stuff to help my hunger out while cutting or is it just like any other food where I need to count it into my total calories ? Yeah I know its alot of damn collard greens but theyre sooo tasty !

I go thru about 3 pounds of spinach and 3 pounds of brocolli per week. I never had it interfere with dropping weight. Not to mention it keeps you super regular. This is not scientific but in my opinion you are good to go with the greens.

Comment

hahaha okay thats awesome, yeah I also saw a show I think it was manswers or one of those shows where they prove things about myths and stuff it also might have been myrthbusters but anyways it was the whole thing about celery and other veggies being negative calories since some people think it takes more calories for it to fuly digest then the amount your actually eating, but for celery they proved that it doesnt burn more calories digesting it but it DOES burn enough calories digesting it so that it actually evens out to the same amount of calories so consumed . so in theory your not eating any calories O_O

Comment

Yes dear. you can eat. Vegetables have lot of vitamins and calories that are helpful in reducing weight and burn the fat so vegetables have no any side effects .You can use it in any quantity.

Comment

Im cutting also. I eat spinach and asparagus every day.

I heard a quote on the biggest loser once "I have never met anyone who got fat by eating too much veggies"

Comment

My stats are very similar to yours. I'm 205 with slightly less BF% and I'm 8 weeks out from a show. I currently eat 4 cups of broccoli a day (1 cup for meal #2, 1 cup for meal #3, no fiber for my pre-workout meal, and 2 cups for my afterworkout meal). I've always stuck with broccoli because for me it keeps me fuller.

Comment

Working...
            X