No announcement yet.

Is it the Clen or the T3 causing this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it the Clen or the T3 causing this?

I started my Clen/T3 last week. Every single training ride (I cycle) I have been on since has been terrible! It has gotten worse and worse. My HR is lower than it should be by almost 10bpm and it still feels like I am going flat out, my legs feel like lead weights! I am dropping weight but its not worth this feeling of exhaustion on the bicycle. I cant say I have EVER felt like this before. I cramped up badly the other day too. I know Clen can cause cramps but I have been taking Taurine/Magnesium/Potassium etc, etc to try and offset that.

Could it be the T3 possibly causing this in some way? I have some big rides coming up next weekend and there is no way I will make it if this week is any indication of things to come. If I need to stop using one or both I will but want to get some educated opinions first.

what doses are you on? and what about water intake and things?

Comment

what benefit were you looking for in the first place by combining those 2 drugs??

Comment

I am on 120mcg of clen and 75mcg of T3. I was going to go up to 160mcg of clen today but am now considering obviously not doing that. Combining these 2 is a pretty regular thing from what I understand and the research I did, the idea was to drop weight and to increase aerobic capacity (with the clen). I am dropping weight but at the price of not being able to perform anywhere near where I should or was. I am drinking plenty of water and even drink an electrolyte drink around 5pm every day, one of my cycling supplements called Endurolytes from Hammer Products. I am pretty sure I am doing all the right things but wasnt expecting to get worse on the bike, I figured I would have increased aerobic capacity and endurance from the clen?

Comment

I read a similar article written on another forum by an MMA fighter who took T3 searching for a similar rise in aerobic performance and he to suffered the same fate you did he actually went down in his abilitys instead of enhancing....this leads me to guess, and this is only a guess, that the T3 is somehow interfering with the bloods ability to carry more oxygen during heavy exercise or its somehow wreaking havoc on the bodys cardiovascular function.......i think more research is going to be needed

Comment

why are u using t-3, for endurance. I can see some clen, but t-3. You should used winny....

Comment

The T3 was purely to help with the weight loss, my hope was that the combination of the 2 would help speed up weight loss. In terms of endurance I was expecting the clen to help with that actually but it seems that was a bad idea potentially. At this point I think I am going to taper off the T3 and stop the clen, give it a few weeks then start only the clen for a while to see if that is causing the issue, if I have no problems I will assume it was the T3. If I DO have an issue, I will stop the clen and try the T3 on its own and see what the results were.

I am not even that concerned if all it does is help me drop some weight, I just cant afford to have it negatively effect my performance. This was surprising to me, I had heard of the clen causing some cramps but the way I have dropped off in every single facet of my riding is astounding actually. I am struggling like I havent ridden a bike in a year!

Anyway, unless there are other ideas I am going to cycle off the T3 like I said and stop the clen.

Comment

I wonder if the higher BP might be part of the problem? I check my BP every day since starting and it has gone up pretty high.

Comment

Are you dieting? With 120mcgClen+75mcgT3 you must eat a lot of food,good food. It seems you are in a catabolic state, loosing muscle and energy...

Comment

hhmmm......that is not something I have thought about. I am eating very clean but I have been eating less than normal, food generally consists of boiled eggs, some fruit, lots of salads and chicken breasts with not much else. Daily caloric intake of about 2000 calories, 3000 -3500 calories on the days I swim or ride. Maybe I screwed this up by eating too little, I guess it was counter-intuitive. What you say does make sense though Dino.

Comment

Originally posted by Faster View Post
                      hhmmm......that is not something I have thought about. I am eating very clean but I have been eating less than normal, food generally consists of boiled eggs, some fruit, lots of salads and chicken breasts with not much else. Daily caloric intake of about 2000 calories, 3000 -3500 calories on the days I swim or ride. Maybe I screwed this up by eating too little, I guess it was counter-intuitive. What you say does make sense though Dino.
                      I t5hink you are eating too clean, you need some fats or at least some carbs+fat. In the rest days you are under the minimum of the daily caloric intake...120mcg of clen + 75mcg of T3 dieting like you is a punishment not a weight loss program...LOL
                      I don't think that muscle/weight loss is a good idea, fat loss is a good idea

Comment

Just as an FYI -
                        I took the last dose of clen on Saturday and the last dose (reduced) of T3 on Sunday. I went for a swim today again, I was able to swim 50 lengths in the same time it took me to swim 40 lengths last week with a lot less stopping and gasping for air! I went on a short MTB ride last night and cant say I felt any better than before but on the terrain I was riding its always hard to tell. Tomorrow is a 40 mile road ride so I will have a better idea if anything has changed. My BP has come WAY down from where it was on Saturday, as has my resting HR. Obviously the HR thing is to be expected with no more Clen. My SYS HR dropped over 20 points since Sat! (today being Tues)

Comment

Originally posted by Faster View Post
                          Just as an FYI -
                          I took the last dose of clen on Saturday and the last dose (reduced) of T3 on Sunday. I went for a swim today again, I was able to swim 50 lengths in the same time it took me to swim 40 lengths last week with a lot less stopping and gasping for air! I went on a short MTB ride last night and cant say I felt any better than before but on the terrain I was riding its always hard to tell. Tomorrow is a 40 mile road ride so I will have a better idea if anything has changed. My BP has come WAY down from where it was on Saturday, as has my resting HR. Obviously the HR thing is to be expected with no more Clen. My SYS HR dropped over 20 points since Sat! (today being Tues)
                          What conclusions have you drawn?

I'm curious....

http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...s-more-quickly.

Comment

Working...
                          X