1 body part a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 body part a day

Anyone lift 1 body part a day? For example, Monday legs, Tuesday chest, Wednesday back, Thursday shoulders, Friday bis/tris?

I do

Shoulders
    Bi/abs
    Legs
    Chest/tri
    Back/ abs

Comment

I don't mean to call you out jamready but chest/tri is 2 bodyparts lollolol I say that with no harsh intent.....alot of people actually feel as though 1 bodypart a day is beneficial for them because it allows more time for recovery

Comment

i have done 1 body part a day for most of my training, organized in different ways. it's been very effective. each body part gets 4 exercises for 4 sets. usually takes 1 hour
        if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by limo View Post
          I don't mean to call you out jamready but chest/tri is 2 bodyparts lollolol
          Yea I know. I used to do 2per day and just split it up about 2 months ago. I've been considering pushing chest out to the end and then a rest day.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1976 View Post
            i have done 1 body part a day for most of my training, organized in different ways. it's been very effective. each body part gets 4 exercises for 4 sets. usually takes 1 hour
            Sam do you feel as though you are stronger when you split your training like this??

Comment

Sam do you feel as though you are stronger when you split your training like this??
              I'm not sam...but i know i do. when I split my chest between monday and friday, im able to throw up same weight.

if i ever decided even after a small chest workout monday, to go again wednesday, im not able to throw up what i'd be able to say i did it again friday, instead of.

Comment

Ive been doing 1 body part a day like that and I talk to some people and they blast me for doing it. It works for me and I enjoy going to the gym 5 days a week and Sam I've been trying to cut back on the volume of my workouts as I feel I do too much. I need to increase the intensity and decrease volume, lol.

Comment

I hit one major bodyoart a day and finish off hitting the smaller muscle that was stimulated, like chest with tris, back with bi's, etc....

Comment

I combine body parts. When you bench press your primary muscle you exercise is your chest but you also exercise your triceps as a secondary muscle and to a lesser extent (more so on dips, flys and incline bench) your delts. The same happens when you train your back that to a certain degree you're also training your biceps, so to me it makes sense to train both these body parts at the same time rather than training chest one day then triceps another day when you've already inadvertantly trained your triceps to a extent when you did your chest.

Comment

I usually do one body part per day: back/ shoulders, cardio, chest, off, legs, arms, cardio.
                      Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

I used to do 1 body part per day and follow a set schedule... Right now I cant do legs because of a knee Injury and balancing my gym schedule with my school and work schedule. So what I do now is I do not follow a weekly schedule and lift what I am "feeling" that day. This helps keep things fresh as each week is pretty much a different schedule and different splits. And no matter the week I hit the gym 5 to 6 days per week and take my rest days when I feel I need them or when my schedule is full that particular day with other things. Seems to be working well... Right now I am 6' 1" 245-250 and around 10% BF. I have been focusing on volume and hypertrophy (4 sets per exercise 8 to 12 reps, throw in super sets, giant sets, drop sets.) My workouts usually run around 24 sets, usually completed in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by stumpy View Post
                          I combine body parts. When you bench press your primary muscle you exercise is your chest but you also exercise your triceps as a secondary muscle and to a lesser extent (more so on dips, flys and incline bench) your delts. The same happens when you train your back that to a certain degree you're also training your biceps, so to me it makes sense to train both these body parts at the same time rather than training chest one day then triceps another day when you've already inadvertantly trained your triceps to a extent when you did your chest.
                          i used to do this when I was doing my baseball workouts up until i finished college. Then i switched to one body part per day and like this as well, and usaully switch it back up when I feel the need. Question for you: do you do all your ches exercises first, then blow out the tri's? do you alternate body parts on each exercise, or what?
                          Founder of M.A.A.D.

Free Your Mind

Comment

Dbell bench press, weighted dips, incline bench, tri push downs, cable flyes then skull crushers/overhead tri extensions. 3 sets of each.

Comment

sorry i missed this reply...
                              yes. i've recently switched to 4X a wk training to allow myself more rest days. instead of doing arms alone, i'm doing chest/tri's and shoulders/bi's. on chest day, when i go to tri's i am super weak compared to when i train arms alone. that being said, i may still grow well with less weight. last year, i spent a lot of time pre-fatiguing my chest with pec deck before my presses. i was weaker on presses but got more chest development than ever. now chest is a pretty strong body part
                              if you are new to the board, please take a minute to read the rules...CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X