Any Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Recommendations

I am sure at one point in time everyone has had to fight the back-acne problem. Everyone has a different make up in their system, so the more info and suggestions would help me and I'm sure others.
    Does GP have any remedies?

I'll take it that I am the only one with this problem

Comment

Steroids= backne to the 10th degree.. I have read of many people using accutane which is absurdly stupid and worse then steroids for your body. Sorry i could not help[.. Just didnt want you to think you were the only pimpler out there

Comment

What??? What's that about? Don't get it.

Comment

The best remedy for Acne of any kind is your 1st urine of the day - honestly it sounds like shit but it works.
          The 1st piss of the day, piss on a rag or some TP and rub the shit on your back, let it dry then take a shower... cuz you smell like piss.

Try it! u will never admit it but u will try it and it will work.
          "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

article

Acne is the plague of many teenagers and even some adults, but you don't need to be a victim any longer. While it is true that acne is mostly genetic, there are still a myriad of products out there that are very effective at getting rid of and preventing acne. In this Hub, I will go over two types of products that help with acne: topical creams and oral pills.

TOPICAL CREAMS FOR ACNE
            Benzoyl Peroxide - Benzoyl peroxide is the most popular and probably most effective topical cream for acne. It is the main ingredient in most acne creams, including popular products like Proactiv Solutions. Benzoyl peroxide is used to treat mild to moderate acne. When applied to the skin, benzoyl peroxide works by reducing the amount of acne causing bacteria and by causing the skin to dry and peel. It can also be purchased over the counter with a doctor's prescription in 2.5, 5 and 10 percent concentrations. Be aware though that the 5 and 10 percent concentrations are not necessarily more effective; 2.5 percent benzoyl peroxide can be just as effective but not as irritating on the skin. Benzoyl peroxide can increase skin sensitivity and the chance of sunburn, so, when using benzoyl peroxide, be sure to apply sunscreen and wear protective hats when outside.

Tretinoin (also known as Retin-A) - The second most popular and effective topical cream for acne is probably tretinoin. Available only through a doctor's prescription, tretinoin is a derivative of Vitamin A and works by increasing skin cell turnover. This promotes the extrusion of plugged material in the skin follicle, therefore erasing clogged pores out of the acne forming equation. Not only can tretinoin treat and prevent active acne, it is also effective at fading skin discolorations and even reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Be wary, though, as applying tretinoin on the skin can dramatically increase skin sensitivity and the chance of sunburn. So, if you're using tretinoin, be sure to only use it one time at night and apply sunscreen and wear protective hats when outside.

Glycolic Acid & Salicylic Acid - Glycolic acid and salicylic acid belong to a class of chemical compounds known as alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids, respectively. Like tretinoin, these acids work by increasing the rate of skin shedding, thereby freeing clogged pores, treating and preventing new acne, and smoothening out and brightening your overall skin complexion. The effectiveness of these acids depends on the concentration percentage, ranging from the 10% of an over the counter mass produced product to as high as the 70% of a professionally done skin chemical peel.

Comment

ORAL PILLS FOR ACNE
              Isotretinoin (commonly known as Accutane) - Accutane is a form of Vitamin A and is used to treat moderate to severe acne that has not responded to other treatments. Accutane works by shrinking the oil glands and helping the skin cells shed more evenly. A course of Accutane typically lasts 4-6 months and people who finish a course often times find themselves "cured" from acne for the rest of their lives. Accutane is available only through the prescription and monitoring of a dermatologist. Although Accutane is the most effective thing out there for treating acne it is still considered risky and dangerous due to the many potential negative side effects, ranging from birth defects if taken by pregnant women to liver damage to depression.

Antibiotics - Available through a doctor's prescription, antibiotics for acne work in several ways. The most important is its ability to decrease the acne causing bacteria in and around the hair follicle. Antibiotics also work by reducing the irritating chemicals produced by white blood cells and by reducing the concentration of free fatty acids in sebum, which also reduces the inflammatory process. The most commonly prescribed antibiotics for acne include tetracycline, minocycline, doxycycline, erthromycin, and clindamycin.

Birth Control Pills - Birth control pills can improve acne in women. The three estrogen progestin combination birth control pills approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat acne in women are: Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Estrostep, and Yaz. Birth control pills for acne work by reducing the amount of sebum produced by the oil glands.

Anti-Androgens - Androgens are sex hormones that stimulate the production of sebum and in effect are the main cause of acne formation. Anti-androgens work by blocking the effects of androgens on sebaceous glands, thereby significantly reducing sebum and acne. Common types of anti-androgens in use currently are inocoterone acetate, spironolactone, cyproterone acetate, flutamide and the newer 5 alpha reductase inhibitors.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Products-To-Help-Acne

Comment

Thanks Ronnie, does remedies sound a lot better than the piss rag

Comment

I use a noxzema body wash. Keeps body acne at bay. Its $5 at target/walmart/cvs

Comment

Working...
                  X