• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georges St-Pierre Attempting MMA Comeback With Six-Week Training Camp

Georges St-Pierre Attempting MMA Comeback With Six-Week Training Camp
    By Andy Ravens -
    Nov 5, 2015

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is planning a comeback to a sport that he once dominated. His coach, Freddie Roach, recently stated in an interview that “GSP” is planning have a six-week training camp and then at the end of that camp, will decide if he is able to comeback to MMA at the age of 34. According to his coach, if he does not feel like he’s able to make a comeback then he won’t. If he doesn’t come back then he will stay retired for good.

“So we came up with a process. He’s going to train for a fight. He’s going to have a six-week training camp,” Roach told Fight Hub. “And at the end of the six weeks, if he feels like he’s ready to fight, and he’s hungry for it like he always has been, he’s going to do it. He going to fight one more time.”

“If he doesn’t feel it, and he feels like it’s just not there, he’s going to let it go, and he’s going to retire. I think it’s a good idea. I think it’s really really smart to do that, to see where he’s at in his mind,” he said. “I really look forward to this training camp.”

St-Pierre decided to take a break from MMA following his split-decision victory over Johny Hendricks at UFC 167.

Following a twelve fight winning streak, GSP never said he was going to retire, but rather taking a break.

You can check out the video here:
    https://youtu.be/ZGR7g4g0iGk

Brock Lesnar did this earlier this year prior to re-signing with WWE and stated in multiple interviews that he couldn’t make it through the camp. We shall see what GSP decides.

Working...
X