early morning work out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early morning work out

i usually try to train in the afternoon.my work season is about to start.i pour concrete for a living so by the time i get done i am too tired to train usually.so i plan to train before work .so it will be around 6 am.here is my question.what is a good small meal before the gym? i use a nos drink for energy before work outs.then what to eat after the gym .usually a protien drink but is it good to have one before and one after ?untill i can get real food in me on the road.i usually have 3 meals in me before the gym.so seeing i will just be getting out of bed i am not sure what to eat and obviously need energy to work out.

I always seem to train better if I have a pre workout meal. Especially after fasting all night. How bout a little oatmeal, maybe a couple of eggs too.
    sigpic

Comment

Brother I tell you what I do.. And if any one has any better idea's then list them. I'm up at 5am. I go right to the stove and make 4 cups egg whites and one egg with yellow.
      I season it Mrs.Dash and maybe a tea spoon of cheese for flavor. I get that down with a cup of coffee. Then on my way to the gym I have a bottle of
      water mixed with C4 power drink. Now after the gym.. I go to Mc.Donald's and get me a double sausage egg and cheese biscuit. If you want a shake with it
      go ahead.

Then after that I start my first meal at 10... Now this depends on bulk or cut where I go from here... But you get the idea. Remember count your calories
      Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

yea bandit i use the c4 drink.the stuff is awesome .i am gunna see how it goes .i am not a big breakfast person.as it is its tough for me to force down food early.i will probably start out with oatmeal with milk.then a protein drink after and get food in me within an hour of the gym.probably the best thats going to happen.thanks for the replys .as for counting calories its pretty tough to do that.i could count them but for what i do for a living which is pouring and stamping concrete .maybe 3 days a week are brutal work days and the other 3 arent as bad .so i need to eat more on concrete days.i have a very fast motabilism .even at 44 its tough to put weight on so i just eat as much good food all day as i can stuff in me.i never even when i was over 220 pounds got a gut on me.just lucky i guess.

Comment

Bowl of oatmeal 3scoops of large curd cottage cheese then its off to the gym after my work out its protein shake a can of tuna in a dish with hot sause and a serving of rice that's how i roll

Comment

Yo Brother C. Im going to steel that Tuna and Hot sause Idea.. But the Oat meal and Cottage cheese... GAGE!!! LOL! Ill have to pass on that one.
            Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Hell yes brother good lean protein

Comment

I think as pre workout meal oatmeal, eggs and bananas are best and as post workout meal protein shakes and energy drinks are best
                Tacoma gym

Comment

Working...
                X