squat question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squat question

I'm more interested in quad growth over building a record breaking squat. As far as the squat portion of my leg day, I do 3 sets of 6-7 reps at about 80% of my max on back squats, then 3 sets of front squats the same way. In terms of quad growth is this a better option over doing heavy sets of 4-5 reps

Brother I know you asked me to give you an answer on this but Im the wrong guy. Do to back injury I have to limit what kinda lifting I do.
    Wish I could help brother.
    Building my self for a better tomorrow.

Comment

Its all good brother I had a chat about it with mrbig

Comment

IMO 10-15 rep range is better for legs (Tom Platz did like 25-30 or more reps). personally I alternate between front + back squats and pre-exhaustion workouts.
        (yes, sometimes, good heavy low rep workout periods build up strength to increase the weights - but u have to ask urself am I a bodybuilder or a weightlifter?)
        "GYM + JUICE"

Comment

I squat every week. I get my best gains when I push heavier weight. When I go lighter with more reps, it hurts and burns but no new growth (there is a place for this type of training such as cutting or recomping). To get bigger legs you have to challenge them. 6-10 reps range, keep a log every week and make sure you are challenging yourself to lift heavier regularly. Also, make sure you are squatting all the way down (till your ass almost hits the floor) if you can't go this far down, drop the weight till you can. This mentality applies to all compound movements that I do and has served me well. It's not a new mentality, to get big lift big. If you are not challenging your muscles they will have no need to get any bigger.
          If you can't do it right, Don't do it!

Comment

Yes I agree with Herc. Use heavy weight to get big. Like Ronnie Coleman says " Everybody wants to get big but nobody wants to push heavy weights" he hit the nail on head with that statement. If you have days when you just feel weak and not up to heavy weight then it is okay to stay lighter and do more reps. but to get BIG you have got to push yourself.
            Go Hard Or Stay Home!!

Comment

I agree with bigpa

Comment

Working...
              X