• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hcg during a cycle

HCG DURING A CYCLE

HCG to boost natural Testosterone levels – PCT latest research
    Everything That’s Wrong With Your PCT by Eric M. Potratz

In the world of steroid users, it has become mandatory to follow post cycle therapy (PCT) upon cessation of steroid use. Many great PCT protocols have been outlined over the years, and many individuals have had great success with following such protocols. Nevertheless, what works can always work better. This is especially the case for those that have had a lack of success following popular advice. In this article I will address the major problems with popular PCT protocols and clarify exactly how we should use the items at our disposal for optimum recovery from AAS. Three main topics will be covered in this article:

- HCG on cycle — I will show you the best way to use HCG, which will protect your “testicular real-estate”, and prime your HPTA for the fastest and most complete recovery possible.

- HCG unraveled

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is a peptide hormone that is used in place of LH to stimulate hormone production from the gonads.1 LH is the primary signal sent from the pituitary to the testes, which stimulates the leydig cells within the testes to produce testosterone. When steroids are administered, LH levels rapidly decline.

The absence of an LH signal from the pituitary causes the rapid onset of testicular degeneration. The testicular degeneration begins with a reduction of leydig cell volume, and is then followed by rapid reductions in intra-testicular testosterone (ITT), peroxisomes, and Insulin-like factor 3 (INSL3) – All important bio-markers and factors for proper testicular function and testosterone production.2-6,19 However, this degeneration can be prevented by a small maintenance dose of hCG ran throughout the cycle. Unfortunately, most steroid users have been engrained to believe that hCG should be used after a cycle. Though, we will learn that a faster and more complete recovery is possible if hCG is ran during a cycle.

Firstly, we must understand the clinical history of hCG to understand the most efficient way to use it. Many popular “steroid profiles” advocate an hCG dose of 2500-5000iu once or twice a week. These were the kind of dosages used in the historical hCG studies for hypogonadal men who had reduced testicular sensitivity due to prolonged LH deficiency.85,86 That is, testes desensitize when not presented with a sufficient LH signal. In men with normal LH levels and testicular sensitivity, the maximum increase of testosterone is seen from a dose of only ~250iu, with minimal increases obtained from 500iu or even 5000iu.2,11 (It appears the testes maximum secretion of testosterone is about 140% above base line.12-18) So, if you have allowed your testes to desensitize over the length of a typical steroid cycle, (8-16 weeks) then you would require a higher dose to elicit a response in an attempt to restore normal testicular size and function – but there is cost to this, and a high probability that you won?t regain full testicular function.

To get an idea of how quickly testicular degeneration occurs from your average multi-AAS cycle, consider this: LH levels are rapidly decreased by the 2nd day of steroid administration.2,9,10 By shutting down the LH signal and allowing the testis to be non-functional over a 12-16 week period, leydig cell volume decreases 90%, ITT decreases 94%, INSL3 decreases 95%, while the capacity to secrete testosterone decreases as much as 98%.2-6 It should be mentioned that visually analyzing testes size is a poor method of judging your actual testicular function, since testicular size is not directly related to the ability to secrete testosterone.4 This is because the leydig cells, which are the primary sites of testosterone secretion, only make up about 10% of the total testicular volume. Therefore, testicular size may appear normal on a cycle, but the testes ability to secrete testosterone upon LH or hCG stimulation can actually be significantly diminished.3-5

The decreased testosterone secretion capacity was well demonstrated in a study on power athletes who used steroids for 16 weeks, and were then administered 4500iu hCG post cycle. It was found that the steroid users were about 20 times less responsive to hCG, when compared to normal men who did not use steroids.8 In other words, their testosterone secretion capacity was dramatically reduced because they did not receive an LH signal for 16 weeks. The testes essentially became desensitized and crippled. Case studies with steroid using patients show that aggressive long-term treatment with hCG at dosages as high as 10,000iu E3D for 12 weeks were unable to return full testicular size.7 Other studies with men using low dose steroid implants for 6 weeks showed unsuccessful return of Insulin-like factor-3 (INSL3) concentration in the testes upon 5000iu/wk of HCG treatment for 12 weeks.6

These studies show that postponing hCG usage until the end of a cycle, increases your need for a higher dose of hCG, and decreases your odds of a full recovery. As a consequence to using a higher dose of hCG, estrogen will be increased disproportionately, which then causes further HPTA suppression while increasing the risk of gyno.11 For example, high doses of hCG are known to raise estradiol 165%, while only raising testosterone 140%.11 Higher doses of hCG are also known to reduce LH receptor concentration and degrade the enzymes responsible for testosterone synthesis within the testes12,13,19 (the last thing someone wants during recovery). While these negative effects of hCG can be partly mitigated by the use of a drug such as tamoxifen, it will create further problems associated with using a toxic SERM. (covered in the next section)

In light of the above evidence, it becomes obvious that we must take preventative measures to avoid this testicular degeneration. Besides, with hCG being so readily available, and such a painless shot, it makes you wonder why anyone wouldn?t use it on cycle. Based on studies with normal men using steroids, ~100iu HCG administered everyday was enough to preserve full testicular function and ITT levels, without causing desensitization typically associated with higher doses of hCG.2 It is important that low-dose hCG is started before testicular degeneration occurs, which appears to rapidly manifest within the first 2-3 weeks of steroid use.

Recap – For optimal preservation of testicular function during cycle, use 100iu hCG ED starting 3 days after your first AAS dose. Drop the hCG a week before the AAS clear the system. For example, you would drop hCG a week after your last Testosterone Enanthate shot. Or, if you are ending the cycle with orals, you would drop the hCG a week before your last oral dose. This will allow for a sudden and even drop in hormone levels, while initiating LH and FSH production from the pituitary, making for a seamless recovery.

A more convenient alternative to the above recommendation would be a weekly shot of 500iu hCG, throughout the entire cycle. Beyond this dose, one could calculate a rough estimate for their required hCG dosage by multiplying 40iu x days of LH absence. (40iu x 60 days = 2400iu HCG dose)

Note: If following any of these protocols, hCG should NOT be used after the cycle.

Source: Eric M. Potratz

Here's a similar post from another board suggesting similar HCG dosing schedule:

Recommended Dosing

"HCG is best used in small frequent doses throughout the cycle and
    not during Post Cycle Therapy. I recommend HCG treatment begin during the second week of a cycle and end just before PCT starts. (This is the primary difference to the Eric M. Potratz article above)
    The dose one needs varies and can be adjusted mid cycle if necessary. Because leptin is a major inhibitor of gonadal function
    in men, men with higher body fat levels require larger doses of HCG to get the same effect.

Body Fat Percentage

<10%: 250-300 iu twice weekly
    10-15%: 300-350 iu twice weekly
    >15%: 350-500 iu twice weekly

5) Do the math to determine the volume you need for your desired
    dose. 1 cc = 1,000 iu, so 0.5 cc = 500 iu, 0.25 cc = 250 iu etc.

6) Use an insulin syringe (29 gauge is ideal) to measure your dose
    and inject subcutaneously one inch to either side of your belly
    button.

If testicular atrophy begins to occur on your selected dose, simply
    raise yourself to the next bracket. It is better to not use more
    than you need if you plan to come off cycle eventually. Minor
    atrophy is quickly reversed with proper Post Cycle Therapy.

I generally recommend that you have Tamoxifen Citrate (aka Nolva)
    or Raloxifene Hydrochloride (aka Evista) available in case you
    develop signs of gynecomastia."

Comment

Now I (F.I.S.T.) personally like to run HCG throughout my cycle starting from the beginning as Eric suggests and have gotten great results with this protocol.I also feel that HCG should not be used in the early yrs of cycling as it is really not needed IMHO.While younger and your own hormone production is high,a normal pct after your cycle wiull be sufficient enough to restore your bodies natural production.The only time I would encourage this is during very long cycles or SHIC cycles where your recovery could be much more difficult due to either the extended length of time being shut down or the abnormally high doses during these SHIC cycles.Now that I am older and my own production of these hormones has diminished so much I do believe in including it in my cycles especially since now a days I am on more than I am off and with bridging I am basically on all year.My off times have become shorter and shorter and as I get even older this may turn to NEVER off.

But,with the above being said,the longer you can go and grow on the least amount of compounds the better,HCG is a drug like the AAS we are using in our cycles and could present negative side effects as well so if you can recover without it,then why add it? Some think that it will just make pct a lot faster and it may,but whats the rush? Since we all know and should follow the time on = time off plus rule,then there will be plenty of time to recover with a normal pct during this off time.

If HCG had no possible neg side effects maybe I would think differently,but since they do,I would recommend against it as long as possible.Some of the sides include...

Abnormal enlargement of breasts in men (gynaecomastia)--Which is what we all want right???
      Prostate hypertrophy--Nuff said.
      Excessive fluid retention in the body tissues, resulting in swelling (edema)Another great thing we look forward to while cycling..water retention
      Acne--How many of you fight this enough already?
      Tiredness--We all want to be tired in the gym right?
      Changes in mood--Always a good thing while cycling.
      Irritation in area of use
      Hair loss---Since AAS use is not enough to help cause hair loss,lets throw some hcg into the mix!
      Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome (OHSS) – which is a life-threatening condition
      Arterial Thromboembolism - another potentially life-threatening condition
      Blood clots
      Risk of multiple pregnancies (twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc.)
      Over stimulation of the ovaries causing production of many ova (eggs) in women

As you can see by the first several side effects,they are most of the issues that we will try to combat from AAS alone so by adding HCG it only increases the risks of developing them.If hCG didn’t work and had no negative effects, then there would be no big deal; you could use it for whatever placebo value it may offer without worry or risk. But hCG does have very real potential negative effects – some of which could be life-threatening.

Another possible downside to HCG is that it to can be suppressive to natural testosterone because it takes the place of LH. Since LH is manufactured in the pituitary because of the response of GnRH (gonadotropin releasing hormone) which in turn is secreted by the hypothalamus. Because the HCG mimics LH and is being supplied exogenously the hypothalamus will be given a signal to still stop producing GnRH, so no natural LH will be produced (5). This is why it should always be used with a compound such as Nolvadex. So although HCG is essential after long or heavy cycles, it should not be used without an ancillary such as (specifically) nolv. Also HCG therapy should be discontinued at least 2 weeks prior to stopping the use of nolva, or it may suppress natural testosterone itself.

Next,since you see where it is recommended taking Nolva to combat the issues of shutting of the production of GnRH which will also stop the production of LH,it presents yet another problem.Nolva use itself lowers IGF-1 production which is needed to produce muscle.So by taking Nolva you are actually working against the very cycle you are taking to produce muscle mass.THAT is the exact reason why everyone is told to only take Nolva "IF GYNO SHOULD APPEAR"!

The most important thing to remember always is that these are drugs you are taking and yes even HCG and any other drug could and do have negative side effects.Just taking more and more of these drugs is not the answer.No matter what the bro-science out there tells you.The key to lasting and growing into a healthy old age is by running the safest smartest cycles possible with as little stress on your body and organs as possible and this will only be accomplished by not overloading your system with unnecessary drugs.

Sorry but if you're too worried about recovering from a normal dosed normal length cycle with a proper pct then you need to re-evaluate your choice of cycling.Man the hell up,run your cycle and run your pct! Stop with the baby shit crying about needing more and more drugs (which could actually make things harder) to make recovery easier.You want easy,you're in the wrong business.BBing is not easy.

Comment

bump......

Comment

great read!

Comment

Thank you CHM1989LEO.Pretty explanatory information on HCG use to help clear things up for all those in need.

Comment

Awesome read as well thanks again F.I.S.T. !!!!!
              GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Comment

My pleasure gymdad.Thanks for reading it and for the reply.

Comment

No problem, I read all your posts, they are very informative and helpful keep em coming brother!!
                  GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Comment

very nice Profile F.I.S.T but i'm curious how do you compare lets say 500iux2 week off hcg to small dose of TRT testosterone like dosage for aromatization/estrogenic side effects?

lets say its 500iu twice week off hcg VS 150mg off test, and only one off this products are used in a cycle with other compunds..

Comment

Italo,im confused by your question.I don't compare them at all.A test cycle alone has no comparison what-so-ever to an hcg cycle which can actually help suppress test production.HCG is only run to help your body more easily transition from an exogenic test level to an endogenic test level production.

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
                        Italo,im confused by your question.I don't compare them at all.A test cycle alone has no comparison what-so-ever to an hcg cycle which can actually help suppress test production.HCG is only run to help your body more easily transition from an exogenic test level to an endogenic test level production.
                        i thought I could replace test with hcg on cycle, but sounds like a bad idea.

Comment

Definitely a bad idea Italo.

Comment

I have cycled 3iu's a day 5000IU 10000 3 iu's eod correct?

Comment

Working...
                            X