Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroids and protein shakes keep old people out of hospital

Steroids and protein shakes keep old people out of hospital

Give underfed senior citizens a protein-rich meal substitute and some pills from Organon, and the probability that they?ll need to go to hospital plummets to zero. Researchers at the University of Adelaide and the Royal Adelaide Hospital discovered this after conducting a year-long experiment with fifty undernourished elderly people.

Because appetite decreases with age and the population in western countries is greying at a high rate, doctors are seeing more and more underfed old people with decreasing muscle bulk, bone mass and strength. Once ?old-age anorexia? has reached an advanced stage it?s very difficult to stop it. The health of sufferers declines so much that they often have to be admitted to hospital.

The researchers decided to look at whether supplements and steroids might help. They used Novartis? meal replacement NovaSource 2.0, a drink containing eighteen energy percent protein, and Andriol, Organon?s oral testosterone preparation. The Andriol capsules contain testosterone undecanoate, a testosterone ester that can be taken orally. Tests have shown that the body absorbs the androgens in Andriol best if it is taken during a light meal.

The researchers selected fifty over-65s who were undernourished, and divided them into four groups: one group was given advice on how to eat better, one group got Novartis? meal replacement, one group got the Andriol pills, and the last group got to take home both Andriol and NovaSource.

The men were given 80 mg of Andriol daily. The women?s dose was half that.

In the year that the experiment lasted, from the group that got both Andriol and NovaSource, nobody was admitted to hospital.

The table below shows the average number of days that the subjects spent in hospital during the experiment. The number of days was less for the subjects that got Andriol or NovaSource than for the subjects who were only given advice.

The Australian research was only a small study, but it could have big consequences. The researchers plan to repeat the experiment, but with more test subjects. And chances are they?ll get funding. Managers in the health care sector are tearing their hair out over the growing cost of old age. Sooner or later this is going to threaten their sky-high salaries the quality of health care. Anything that keeps old people out of hospitals is interesting.

Unsurprisingly, Novartis and Organon contributed financially to the research.

The ultra mild steroid treatment was not without side effects. "Two women taking testosterone developed hirsutism, which resolved with dose reduction; four subjects ceased the supplement because of nausea; and one man taking testosterone had an increase in PSA above the age-related normal range, which was corrected by halving the testosterone dose", the researchers write. "Older people taking testosterone treatment, even in low doses, need to be monitored for such side effects."
    Attached Files

Interesting article. Well I don't know about old people, but give me protein and anabolics and i'll stay away from the hospital too! lol

Comment

LOL.Thanks for the reply bro.

Comment

yeah i figured out that protien shakes + some medium roids and a couple ius of hgh would be awesome for everyone especially people 60+ i dont understand why doctors barely ever seem to pick up on this i knew sence when i was like 14 lol
        but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
        Hackleech

Comment

ALL i know is if u give me those two things i better stay out of the hospital.. cuz i do not want to have to tell the doctor the long list of supps .. he might end up seizing

Comment

Originally posted by hackleech View Post
            yeah i figured out that protien shakes + some medium roids and a couple ius of hgh would be awesome for everyone especially people 60+ i dont understand why doctors barely ever seem to pick up on this i knew sence when i was like 14 lol

Dr's understand it and know it oh so well my friend.They're just scared to say anything in fear of loosing their liscenses or going to jail.Its the friggin govt that are the idiots making everyone so afraid to tell the truth about AAS.Everyone knows booze and cigarretes kill people but try getting the govt to outlaw those.LMAO.Too much money involved.Prohibition didnt work in the past with booze and it doesntr work now with ANYTHING! The problem is,the need is there for 1 and 2nd people dont believe that the govt can tell them what to do with their own bodies or lives! Thats where the true problem lies.People dont want to be "owned" by a govt,especially one that is so corrupt and does them so wrong.

AAS affect no-one but the user and in only positive ways! Can AAS hurt you?? ABSOLUTELY!! If done wrong! So can aspirin,so can mouth wash,so can food! ANYTHING you abuse can hurt you.If done correctly AAS are no more of a danger than anything else.In fact the benefits outway the risks.

Comment

yeah i saw some goverment idiot raging so hard about how steroids are a russian roulette that even doctors should not be able to give them he was getting all red and shit he had a double chin and he looked like he would die before 65 from diabetes + heart attack from being so damn out of shape it was ridiculous all that mcdonalds he shoves in his face is gonna kill him before anyone dies from roids and while he is alive he looks like shit and cant run for more than 2 minutes gahh rant lol
              but hey thats just what i think and i'm a idiot so don't listen to me
              Hackleech

Comment

Thats the most idiotic part about the whole theory of how bad AAS are.These idiots say that dr's conducting real life experiments should not be done because its like playing russian roullete but first of all,isnt that what ALL tests of medicines on humans are??? Secondly,those are nice statements and sound good to an idiot who has been fooled into thinking that AAS are not a "MORAL" thing to do so are misled into believing these other idiots making these claims.................BUT,the 'real life HUMAN MEDICAL STUDIES" have been done for decades now by the 10's of thousands of AAS users.There are a vast majority of users (including myself) that have been taking AAS for half if not more than half of their lives with NO health issues what so ever!!! So no-one is playing any russian roullete or any other game.The medical PROOF is there.If AAS are the evil threat that these corrupt idiots claim,then where are the bodies??? Where are the proven medical records of the desrtuction AAS casue?? Oh yea,thats right.....THERE IS NONE!!!

There is however a growing population of TRT patients providing more and more evidence EVERYDAY that the health problems arise from the LACK of these hormones being produced in our bodies as we age not the abundance of them!! By not having test and HGH in our bodies is what causes our bodies to deteriorate as we get older.
                F.I.S.T.
                Last edited by F.I.S.T.; 08-10-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Bump for Doc45

Comment

I agree with you all I mean for gods sake look at Sly Stallone he looks damn good for an old man and we all know what he uses, if I can look that good when I'm his age then I will take what he is taking and everyone else should have that opportunity as well, I'm tired of the government telkingbus what we can and can't do, its not the american way our freedom seems to me like it's gone anymore, but as long as we do what they say and take what they want us to take then we are good, that's CRAP we need our freedom back , if I want to inject steroids into my body to make myself look good or feel better then that is my God given right!!!!! Sorry everyone was just going to get on here and say I agree and went off, too much Five Finger Death Punch today!!!!👊👊👊👊
                    GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Comment

Originally posted by gymdad View Post
                      ...too much Five Finger Death Punch today!!!!👊👊👊👊
                      I love that show!

Comment

SHOW????

He's talking about the Band.Is that a show?? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by F.I.S.T. View Post
                          SHOW????

He's talking about the Band.Is that a show?? LOL
                          My bad. It's actually a quote used on the El Rey channel when they're showing kung-fu movies and not the name of the show.

Comment

Working...
                          X