Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albuquerque PD Issue Felony Warrant for Jon Jones’ Arrest

Albuquerque PD Issue Felony Warrant for Jon Jones’ Arrest

[UPDATE] Ew boy. Albuquerque PD just released their official police report on this incident and it is not looking good for Bones. Details after the jump.

To loosely quote Dave Chappelle, “Man, Jon Jones is f*ckin up.”

Rumors started circulating last night that the light heavyweight champion had been involved in yet another automobile mishap — this time, a hit and run accident in which a 20 year-old pregnant woman was hospitalized — in his resident Albuquerque. After initially denying that Jones was the man being sought after for the hit-and-run, Albuquerque police later released a statement that reads:

“The Albuquerque Police Department is actively seeking UFC Fighter Jon Jones for questioning in regards to his possible involvement in a hit-and-run accident, near the intersection of Juan Tabo and Southern, in Southeast Albuquerque early this morning, April 26, 2015.”

While Jones has apparently not been seen or heard from since the time of the alleged incident, the UFC has since released a statement in response, which you can check out after the jump.

We are aware that the Albuquerque Police Department is interested in speaking to Jon Jones regarding his possible involvement in a motor vehicle accident. We are in the process of gathering facts and will reserve further comment until more information is available.

This is of course, just the latest in what has become a string of legal troubles for Jones. In 2012, he was arrested in Binghamton, NY on DUI charges after wrapping his Bentley around a telephone pole with two female passengers in the vehicle. After pleading guilty, Jones was fined $1,000 and his driver’s license was suspended for six months.

Back in December, Jones once again found himself in the hot seat when it was revealed that he had tested positive for cocaine a month prior to his UFC 182 title fight with Daniel Cormier. Because cocaine was/is not considered a banned out-of-competition drug (or shouldn’t have been tested for in the first place), Jones avoided any possible suspensions or legal issues. He did agree to enter rehab, though, and was magically cured of his addiction in 24 hours.

Wow. A lot of information to take in right now, but we’ll keep you updated as the story unfolds.

[UPDATE]

Albuquerque PD just released their official police report on this incident. We’ve uploaded the relevant pages below, but you can check out the whole thing here.http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/4/27/8503595/man-identified-as-jon-jones-allegedly-fled-on-foot-from-accident

Morning Report: Rashad Evans and Kenny Florian discuss penalties for Jon Jones, including stripping his UFC title
    By David St. Martin @SaintMMA on Apr 28, 2015

This time, something needs to be done about UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

That, being the general sentiment shared between UFC commentator Kenny Florian and former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans.

Jones allegedly ran a red light April 26, striking a car driven by a pregnant woman who suffered a broken arm. Jones is accused of fleeing the scene on foot. There was a marijuana pipe and marijuana found in the rental car Jones allegedly left behind.

A felony arrest warrant was issued Monday afternoon and Jones turned himself in to the Albuquerque Police Department Monday night. He was arrested on charges of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injuries, but was later released on bail set at $2,500.

"I think cutting him from the UFC might be a little harsh," Florian said Monday on FOX Sports 1's America's Pregame. "I have a little bit of compassion. It seems like, if this is true, there's some kind of problem going on. He needs help and it needs to be legitimate help. It's not getting away for 24 hours. He needs to go out and get help.

"I think stripping [Jones] of the title is appropriate. Of course, if these allegations are true. I think cutting him may be a little harsh, but I would be for stripping him of the title and getting him to realize that there's repercussions."

Jones is due to defend his title to No. 1 contender Anthony Johnson May 23 at UFC 187, but Florian says he'd rather see the champion enter treatment, again.

"If this is true, I don't think he should be allowed to fight Anthony Johnson. He needs to go and get help.

I think the UFC is probably, most likely looking to find a replacement for Jon Jones at this point. I think that's probably what's going to happen if these allegations are true."

Joining Florian Monday evening to co-host UFC Tonight, Evans echoed much of the same.

"First things first, you've got to hold Jones accountable," said Evans. "Jones needs to be accountable for this whole thing. He's a guy who's won eight title defenses, going on his ninth. What you do inside the cage doesn't necessarily translate to what you do outside the cage. His conduct outside the cage has been less than championship behavior.

"When you're doing stuff like running red lights, hitting people in a car and then running, fleeing on foot?

You've got to be held accountable for that. I just wish he had someone to talk to him and reel him back in and say, 'Hey, buddy. You're blowing it.'"

Evans was a confidant and training partner to Jones during his rise to a title run, but left Greg Jackson's camp in 2011 when it was clear Albuquerque wasn't big enough for both of them.

"There's definitely something wrong here," said Evans. "Something's going on in his mind. You're four weeks out from the fight. The only thing that you should be worried about is training and getting ready for this fight. When you're going out trying to have a little party, it's not good. Something else is going on. Something is wrong.

"He does need to take some time away from the sport. Fighting is a privilege. It's not a right. When you start to forget that you're privileged by being able to compete, that's when you need to have a sitdown.

That's when you take a break. That's when you need to have consequences that equal more than a slap on the wrist."

Yea,he needs help and nt suspension or kicked out of the ufc!!! Guys getting caught on steroids are getting suspended for a yr or more but this idiot thats on top of the world right now has his second incident with drugs and this one involving a hit & run where he hospitalized someone,numb-nuts are saying how he just needs help???
    FUKING LOSERS.......JONES BEING THE BIGGEST ONE!!!

Comment

This kid better straighten his ass out, he has a great future in front of him as long as he doesn't fuck it up!!!
      The Rules At Juiced Muscle (everyone please read)
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...e-please-read)
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...please-read!!!
      Chat Box Talk And Rules
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...-Shoutbox-Talk
      No Soliciting Websites In Your Signatures
      http://juicedmuscle.com/showthread.p...our-Signatures

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

Comment

He really did have a great future ahead of him and he just signed a deal with Nike now he's fuking up.AGAIN!! So soon after the last time too.DUMB ASS!!!

Comment

Working...
        X