No announcement yet.

Looking For Some Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you MrBig.Much appreciated.Much respect returned man.

Good luck CnS.

Comment

Hi! Remember me?? I've been eating paleo and busting my ass at CrossFit and check out the difference. The first pic is five weeks ago and the second one is today. I literally can not believe the difference. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430850674.951136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	153331. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Comment

WOW,CNS,great progress girl.See,I told you you could do it without hgh.You knew you could as well obviously.Looking great.

Keep up the great work.You put in the effort and make the right choices that lead you down the correct path,and you'll get there.More importantly,get there SAFELY.

Thanks for the update and the pics.

Comment

Thank you!! So, it's taking me a while to recover from these workouts - I am just soooo sore and my joints are stiff. Also still struggling with building strength. The gains are not coming very easily. Can you recommend anything to help with the recovery process, or to assist with strength gains? I'm getting frustrated with that part. Usually I have to rest every third day to allow my body to bounce back! Thank you [emoji2]

Comment

You''re very welcome CNS.Always happy to help if and when I can.

I still think your issues are diet related.I would try tweaking your carb intake up a little bit to see if that helps.Also make sure your fluid intake is plentiful as well.

I would also pay particular attention to your pre & post meals as these are critical recovery times and will get your body in the right state asap.It is common for athletes to refuel after a strength or endurance workout only with protein. However, without a source of carbohydrates post-workout, your body will not be able to produce insulin, the hormone that drives muscle building. Carbohydrates also help to replace muscle and liver glycogen to refuel your energy stores. The current recommendation is a ratio of 2:1 carbohydrate to protein following strength workouts and 4:1 after endurance workouts.

Antioxidant rich foods help reduce inflammation and decrease muscle soreness. One of the easiest ways to get an adequate amount of antioxidants and carbohydrates is by drinking tart cherry juice. Research shows that drinking tart cherry juice aids athletic performance and comes highly recommended for recovery foods. Following juice consumption with a form of protein would be recommended. Ginger and turmeric are other sources of food high in antioxidants.

Ive posted a couple of threads with some suggestions on foods that are utilized best before and after a workout.If you haven't yet,check them out to give you some possible new ideas.

The important thing to always remember though is theres no rush,It takes time to get out of shape and it takes time to get back into shape.The best and safest thing we can do is be patient and make the correct choices on exercises,rest times and most importantly,NUTRITIONAL choices.It takes time to attain our goals,but if done correctly,they will come the right way and last vs getting there ultra fast only to lose them afterwards.Reset your bodies "NORMAL" point,remember?

Comment

Oh that is super helpful, thank you! My eating is weird because I am lazy and don't prepare. So I end up eating at really inconsistent times and am not really considering balances at all. I'm just staying away from non-paleo food.

I will definitely search the threads for ideas as well.

And while there is no rush, there is a rush! Summer is coming, and I'm single! Lol. [emoji12].

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
              X