What Causes Anorexia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Causes Anorexia?

Many factors contribute to the onset of anorexia. Researchers estimate the influence of genetic factors in anorexia to be between 33 to 84%.

Whether this disorder presents in a child, adolescent, or woman, dealing with anorexia is extremely difficult for the individual and her family. The idea of anyone literally starving themselves up to the point of death makes no sense friends and family. Sometimes it doesn’t even make sense to the anorexic individual; she just knows that she is overwhelmed with feelings of guilt and fear when she eats
    Treating teen eating disorders, including anorexia and bulimia, requires a team-centered approach. Learn how Remuda Ranch treats teen eating disorders now.
    If you are eyeing for Teen Anorexia Treatment you have come to the right place. We offer treatment programs for Anorexia in teens

Anorexia is a mental disorder i went through a phase where I was becoming anorexic. Its a loss of control in several aspects of life like High pressured life situations and related or unrelated mental illness.
    Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
    539 High Street, Maitland,
    New South Wales 2320, Australia

Comment

Causes of Anorexia

Research suggests that a genetic predisposition to anorexia may run in families. If a girl has a sibling with anorexia, she is 10 to 20 times more likely than the general population to develop anorexia herself. Brain chemistry also plays a significant role. People with anorexia tend to have high levels of cortisol, the brain hormone most related to stress, and decreased levels of serotonin and norepinephrine, which are associated with feelings of well-being.

Comment

I did a few blogposts on this subject http://juicedmuscle.com/jmblog/conte...morphia?page=1

Comment

Working...
        X